“Great Hotel...Can't wait to return!”
Review of North Cliff Hotel

North Cliff Hotel
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Reviewed November 22, 2010

Mt girlfriend and I went to Ft. Bragg with another couple and wanted to try a new hotel (we have stayed at many different ones in Ft. Bragg). We decided on the North Cliff hotel and could not have picked a better place. Beautiful views, large room, fireplace, STOCKED frig, comfy king size bed and quiet (never heard our neighbors). We look forward to returning soon and would defininately pick this hotel again!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Edward J

Reviewed November 20, 2010

The sounds of the ocean and the beautiful view from our room made this stay a memorable one. The room was spacious, the bed comfortable and roomy, and the front desk staff went out of their way to make our weekend fun and relaxing. We also enjoyed the front lobby where we could get some free coffee and freshly made cookies to enjoy while reading the newspaper on the comfortable couch that was positioned in front of a large window overlooking the ocean. From the time we were warmly greeted by staff to the time we left with staff making sure everything went well for us....we knew we'd go back to the North Cliff again.

1  Thank Gracie34
Reviewed November 17, 2010

My wife and I stayed 11/13 and 11/14/2010. The room was nice but loud. The room next to us was occupied by two young couples who came there to party, and they did. I called the front desk and asked them to please quiet the group down. that lasted all of about fifteen minutes then the party continued. The young female desk clerk was no help at all. The next morning I spoke to the manager. She told me the night clerk was new and she would take care of the problem, along with discounting my room rate. She assured me our next night would be much quieter. It wasn't. My wife and I attempted to sit on our balcony and enjoy the sunset. So did the couple that was directly above us, however they chained smoked and the smoke billowed down onto us, which forced us back inside. They were also the type of people who didn't know how to close a door without slamming it. and they were unable to walk across the floor. They stomped back and forth. Needless to say the weekend was pretty much a disaster.

Reviewed November 17, 2010

Any and all footsteps of guests in the room above could be heard. When a neighboring room turned on their spa it was loud. When the room above used their shower it was very loud since their shower was directly above the head board of our bed.
Great views for a good price but not a good place for sleeping.

2  Thank Oter919
Reviewed October 31, 2010

My wife and I decided to treat some friends (and ourselves) to an overnight in Fort Bragg. We were fortunate to be able to book two rooms, one with jacuzzi and one with shower. At check-in, around 3:30, we were told our rooms were ready. As normal check-in is at 4 PM, we were lucky. The receptionist spent quite a bit of time greeting us, explaining how to operate the jacuzzi, letting us know where our in-room breakfast was stored, taking signatures before giving us our electronic key cards.

After negotiating two and a half flights of stairs--half a flight down to make the climb up two flights of stairs--we reached our rooms. Our friends with the jacuzzi were in awe over the initial effect: views of the Noyo Harbor, bay, cliffs. Our room had a shower but an equally impressive view. The advantage of not having the jacuzzi is that there is more room for entertaining. Still, rooms are large and have tables, chairs, sofas, and various gadgets. Sofas need some re-upholstering and beds are in need of new headboards, but for the price we paid ($159 and $135), we really can't complain. All four of us decided to have dinner down the road at the Mendo Bistro, which features local and sustainable products.

The in-room breakfast is rather strange, as countless reviewers have pointed out. The two juice jars are really nectar-drinks, with added sugar. You should note that each bottle contains either 15 or 20% juice. The in-room coffee is quite good for motel quality.
The tray, inside the mini fridge, contains two small rounds of cheese, a croissant, a large muffin (high fat content) and a scone. I'm not sure what one is supposed to do. Either cut them in half or choose the one desired. I would certainly include two yoghurts instead of the cheese.

However, I must congratulate and thank the management for fixing a situation for which I was completely at fault. Hoping to dry out shoes, I placed them against the glass window of the heater, only to find a half hour later smears of latex on the glass. Upon check-out, I admitted my folly to the front desk, who immediately sent up maintenance crew. All the while, I was told not to worry, that everything was probably fine. And it was. Although the location is rather strange, at the end of the bridge, the views and service more than compensate for any shortcomings.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank M-man11
Reviewed October 14, 2010

We were warmly welcomed at checkin and our room was ready and waiting. The very large comfortable room was nicely furnished, the ocean view from the balcony and windows was great and the amenities were even better than expected. Although it required a walk up two flights of stairs, the third floor room gave a wonderful view which lower floors might not have had. Look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cupenny
Reviewed October 10, 2010

Pleasant, but that's about all. Although the decor was pretty dated, the room was clean and spacious, with quite a good view. The bed was extremely comfortable but was totally spoiled by the much commented upon fog horn which went all night ! Breakfast was a little unusual, but I guess it was convenient to have in your room as we had an early start driving north.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple