“30th Wedding Anniversary-Awesome Hotel”
Review of North Cliff Hotel

North Cliff Hotel
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Reviewed May 2, 2011

First let me say that my wife and I have stayed at several hotels in the Fort Bragg area and the Norh Cliff Hotel has got all them beat by far. We had reservations for April 29th and 30th and the check in was a very fast and easy. We were shown exactly where our room was and where we could park that was easy access to our room. Now upon entering our room which was room 309 the view we had that over looked the entrance to Noyo Harbor and also the view out over the ocean was amazing. Our room had a jacuzzi which was by the window that over looked the ocean and a fireplace at the end of the jacuzzi. Now I have to say both the wife and I enjoyed very much sitting in the jacuzzi with a glass of wine and watching as the sun set over the ocean every night. It was romantic and beautiful relaxing in the jacuzzi and seeing the sun disappear with all the orange and yellow colors till they faded away then watching as darkness fell.

I had emailed the hotel earlier after we had made reservation asking about a certain eating establishment and they informed me that it was again open and would be more than happy to make reservations for us. So I advised them of a date and time and also asked if they would see if we could get a window seat to over look the ocean. Upon check in I asked about our dinner reservations and they confirmed that we had dinner for 2 and we would be seated next to a window. Now we were sat with a view of the ocean and the entrance to Noyo Harbor so we watched the coming into the harbor as we ate dinner.

They went out of there way to insure every thing was what we wanted. It was an excellent place to spend our 30th wedding anniversary. Both my wife and I were very pleased with the staff, the room, in fact the entire experience with our stay. And I can say we will be staying there again in our future trips to Fort Bragg.

And I thank the staff of the North Cliff Hotel for having such a great hotel. You peole made out anniversary a memorable experience again thank you.

Room Tip: Ask for a 3 floor room if you request a jacuzzi a.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KeithYubaCity_Ca

Reviewed April 22, 2011

A wonderful spot to refresh after the beautiful, but long drive up the Coastal Highway. The fireplace/jacuzzi tub suite was delightful with a fabulous view of the Pacific. We left our balcony door open all night to enjoy the sound of the ocean. Robes and continental breakfast with juice and bottled water were very nice touches. Our room and bathroom were very clean and quite spacious. The hotel was only a short drive from the North Coast Brewery where we had a delicious dinner. We would derfinitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for fireplace/jacuzzi room on top floor.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lynda13
Reviewed April 5, 2011

We stayed a weekend for our anniversary and my birthday. Everything about this hotel is nice with one exception; the furniture and carpet need to be updated. The bed, bath and Jacuzzi are wonderful! The view and the complimentary snacks are excellent. Joe at the front desk is extremely accommodating. We loved everything about. I didn't see any bums under the bridge. The fog horn did not disturb us at all.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank snikcod
Reviewed March 13, 2011

The views from the third floor were great. The hotel is perched right on a cliff overlooking Noyo Harbor. We got a room with a jacuzzi tub and fireplace which was very romantic. The continental breakfast was nice. They also provided complimentary bottled water and juice.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed March 2, 2011

Pay the extra to have a fire place and big tub and ask for a room on the third floor worth it for the view great breakfast and really enjoyed our stay

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Kimmy0173
Reviewed January 24, 2011

We recently stayed here for two nights. The room was nice, not great. The continental breakfast was good. Internet is slow.

Cons: There was water damage in the walkway to our room, big bubbles of paint peeling, parts of the ceiling missing and the structural studs exposed. It did not appear like it was in the process of repair, but like it had been that way for awhile.

We sat outside on the balcony the first evening to watch the sunset and the people on the joining balcony began smoking and talking very loud. We went inside and watched the sunset through the closed sliding door.

We talked to the front desk attendants the next morning. We were told there is no longer any smoking allowed on the balconies because the sea wind blows it back in the rooms and also guests threw the butts over the side and started fires on the hillside down below! We were told that they specify this rule at check-in and their recourse is to charge these guests a fine for smoking. hmm that didn't help us much. We asked if we could change rooms and he assured us that these guests were only staying one night and there would be no one on that side.

SO we tried again to sit outside with a glass of wine and watch the sunset. Then the guests directly below us started smoking! Again we were blasted with smoke. We politely asked them if they knew there was no smoking on the balcony. They were kind about it and stopped smoking. Then two minutes later (about 5:15) a maid on the balcony directly above us began sweeping debris off the edge of the balcony. Dust and dirt blew on to us and in our glasses of wine as we rushed inside! The two things that I am allergic to and try to avoid are smoke and dust!

I am not sure there is anything that management can do about this issue of smokers because it takes place on the back side of the hotel. I just know that we paid a lot of money for a room with a balcony and a view that we didn't really get to use. We couldn't even open the sliding door in the evening to get fresh air because there seemed to always be smoke coming in from somewhere. Consequently the room was warm and stuffy... didn't use the fireplace much either obviously.

We will not go back there and spent part of our time in Fort Bragg looking for a different place to stay next time.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2010

Living just two hours away, Fort Bragg is one of our favorite little getaways. We've been coming here once a year for the last three years and each time we've stayed someplace different. This time we chose to stay at the North Cliff Hotel and we will never stay anywhere else when we visit here. I LOVE this place!

I have never been compelled to write a review of a hotel while I was still staying there. This is a first! I am here now, on my last night of my three night stay, and I am just so impressed with so many things, I almost don't know where to start. Here are a few of the things I found especially impressive:

View: Perched on a cliff just above the channel leading to the wharf, the hotel looks out onto Noyo bay. Gorgeous! Yes, there's a foghorn (which I personally love) but if you don't like it, shutting the sliding door cuts off the noise.
Cleanliness: The room is spotless! Housekeeping really puts in an extra effort and it shows.
Breakfast: It's included with the stay and it's an impressive spread! Croissant, scone, fruit salad, cheese and....See's Candy!!! Not to mention juice and coffee. Really above and beyond and better than any B&B breakfast I've gotten in the area.
Service: The staff is warm, friendly and accomodating.
Free Wi-Fi: Not only free, but relatively fast.
Little details: Plush robes, plenty of towels, large well-lit shower, etc. No detail was overlooked. A lot of pride of ownership shows through here.

I realize I may be shooting myself in the foot because I'd prefer that the prices stay down and this place not get TOO popular. But, the staff and owners clearly have put so much effort into running this hotel very well that giving them a great review was the least I could do.

QUICK TIP: Yes, it involves walking up a couple flights of stairs, but stay on the third floor if possible. The view alone makes it worth it! It's gorgeous and QUIET!!! Highly recommend. Also, pay the little bit extra to get a room with a tub and fireplace. Nothing beats watching the ocean from the jacuzzi tub with a fire going.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business