“Friendly Fun - solo, couple, family, group”

North Coast Brewing Company
Ranked #8 of 86 Restaurants in Fort Bragg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Reading all the reviews, I was a bit skeptical to get a whole meal then feel bad for paying so much... so I opted for a spinach salad and clam chowder. I thought it was delicious! I had an icy beer to go along with it and have no complaints. The service was friendly and fast. Although it was a bit noisy, other guests were friendly and in good moods. It gave me a good feeling about Ft. Bragg. Now I want to go back for a full meal! There were lots of other interesting choices. I was traveling solo and felt comfortable, and I saw families, groups of friends as well as couples. Try it out! If this review was helpful, rate me!

Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

We do not go to Fort Bragg without stopping for a bowl of clam chowder at North Coast Brewery. Their clam chowder has a flavor that we have not found anywhere else. My husband and I usually order a bowl of clam chowder and then we share an order of fish and chips...pair that with a great beer and it makes for an enjoyable dinner. They also have wonderful beer ice cream to finish off the meal.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Weekending in Ft. Bragg, my wife and I had our first evening meal at the North Coast Brewing Co. The restaurant is across Main Street from the actual brewery. It was very crowded on the night we were there, but being unfamiliar with the town, we decided to wait the 20 minutes or so for a table. There was no wait for dining in the bar, but neither was there a seat to be had. There was at least one TV on in the bar; it didn’t improve the ambiance.
There was a nice mix of people there, including some families. Once we were seated, service was slow and our drink order was somehow lost. Our food – I had a simple pasta dish – was passable, but it should have been much better considering the price. The wait-staff were pleasant, but either overburdened, or victims of a poor system, or both.
I had two different beers, both of which were cold and quite good. North Coast beers are available in the Bay Area and probably further afield. I found the stout on tap to be much better than the bottled version, but that’s a common problem.
This place, we decided, would probably have been a fine choice for lunch, but the dinner didn’t justify the price.

2  Thank leehorse
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My wife and I were not in the mood for a big meal but we wanted to try this restaurant. We thoroughly enjoyed their clam chowder. My wife also had a beet salad with goat cheese while I had a warm spinach salad with goat cheese and andouille sausage dressing. We each had a glass of their brews. Everything was exceptional, including the service. The rest of the menu looked very enticing. I look forward to coming back with a bigger appetite.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

The beer is great, and the food very good. They have specials, such as tuesday taco night. Definitely recommend.