“Best place in town”
Review of Mendo Bistro - CLOSED

Mendo Bistro
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Went here on a whim and it turned out to be the best meal on our stay. Had the chicken, which was moist and flavorful and my husband had a pasta dish that was delicious. The restaurant was beautiful and very relaxing. Tables are spaced apart giving you privacy and that intimate feel. Will defiantly recommend and return.

1  Thank cpcoco
There are newer reviews for Mendo Bistro

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Everything we ordered here was wonderful. Great wines. Fantastic Caesar salad, Great veggies!!! We enjoyed the "choice" menu batter fried tofu, and batter fried portobello.

Save room for mint-basil sorbet!

Reviewed May 10, 2014

I ate at Mendo Bistro last night. A few observations. The chef was probably not in the kitchen last night.

1) steaks were good, but that's the easy part.

2) local ling cod frozen, bland sauce and definitely over its expiration date. The fish tasted of ammonia definitely bad. So please do yourself a favor and DO NOT ORDR FISH. Someone could get seriously ill on what I tasted.

3) head on shrimp, rice below it mushy no taste and definitely microwaved.

I have been coming to Mendocino for 35 years and that's definitely the worst meal I have eaten in this town.

the sous chefs need something they can handle and its not fish. I am not a chef but hands down could create something better in half the time.

Parsnips, a little creativity and seasoning could have gone a long way. Save yourself the hassle and eat elsewhere.

4  Thank Bbq123rob
Reviewed April 27, 2014

The service was terrific. Ordered the Caesar salad and special salad of the day. Both were tasty. The cod was a bit cold but edible. The caramel gelato was also good. The restaurant is on the second floor with a view of town.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Hands down best meal of our trip. Food was fantastic , service the best!!!!!!!!!
Had the scallops for our appetizer amazing. Gf had the grilled pork chop while I had the fresh fish both fantastic and the attention to detail outstanding. For desert had the fried banana split...omg!
I wish I remembered there names but both our server and her newly hired shadow for the night
attended to our every need. And I must add that even with drinks, appetizer, entrees ,desert and tip our tab was just alittle under $120. With the service and the quality of the food that was a steal by anybody's view.