“THE Reliable Choice on the Mendocino Coast”
Review of Mendo Bistro - CLOSED

Mendo Bistro
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Sierra Foothills, CA
“THE Reliable Choice on the Mendocino Coast”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Simply one of the best combinations of food, relaxed atmosphere, service, price and attention to detail we have ever seen! Every server I've ever had has been hustling and concerned about all the customers at all times. A sign of very good management. Tables are widely spaced in this large open-space dining room, giving the experience a very relaxing vibe. The wine list is excellent, with an emphasis on local wines, and best of all- very, very reasonably priced. Everyone understands and cares about gluten-free dining, and I really appreciate that! This is our go-to option anywhere close to Ft. Bragg and Mendo, and I highly recommend it.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Nevis15

Las Vegas
“Great food”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Food was very good, I had the grass fed filet mignon. Service was good, we went on a Tue evening & they were busy.

Visited September 2012
San Francisco
“Delicious!”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We found this restaurant thanks to many positive user reviews and Mendo Bistro did not disappoint. Our party of four was seated immediately on a Saturday night! Located on the upper floor of a charming historic building, the food was absolutely delicious-- I recommend the risotto.

• Visited September 2012
Santa Clara, CA
“Don't Let The Sunset Articles On The Wall Fool You”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We went into Mondo Bistro very hungry after our trip up the coast. After visiting Yelp we saw many good reviews and thought we would give it a try. While walking up to the place we noticed lots of Sunset Magazine articles regarding their BBQ and Italian food so our mouths watered.

We got seated then got some bread. After waiting for a long time we got our food. I ordered the ribs. I love BBQ food and I am not picky at all. The ribs were so tough that I literally could not chew them apart with my teeth. I literally could not eat them at all. My kids ordered flat bread pizza. It was literally a paper thin piece of dough with sauce and bit of cheese. It was also about 4" x 8" in size. My guys looked up at me with a frown. They ate a couple bites then stopped! They did not like it as all! My wife ordered one of the pasta dishes and that was fine.

REALLY disappointed. Don't go here.

• Visited July 2012
Sonoma County
“Consistently Delicious”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This is a very delicious and romantic restaurant in the heart of Fort Bragg. I would recommend arriving early because it inevitably gets packed so you can get a window seat. Also, take some extra time to browse the photo galleries downstairs. As for the food, a nice glass of wine and the Seared Sea Scallops with Corn-Chive Custard and a pasta main was perfect.

• Visited July 2012