“Food disappointing, but Cadillac Margaritas are the best!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Playa Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

La Playa Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
La Canada, California
“Food disappointing, but Cadillac Margaritas are the best!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

The food at this place was alittle disappointing...the ground beef was nothing special, the quesidella was a little dry, the chips were totally dry, and the guacamole was not the real stuff...just a sauce-like guacamole (always a sign of a restaurant not really trying hard). However, the waiter who took our order, also made our drinks...and he made the best cadillac margarita that I have tasted in a long long time...it was delicious and strong!

The restaurant itself looks a little sad on the inside...a few booths along one wall, and a few tables scattered along the other wall. The place definately needs some serious decorating to compensate for the lact of great tasting food

Go early in the winter...they close very early at eight PM.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Visalia, California
“Not sure they know what Mexican food is”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

Very average Mexican food, probably like what you'd get in NEW YORK CITY!! Seemed like a hang out for the locals, place was clean, service was good but wouldn't go back anytime soon.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank ronwao
Orcutt, California
“Great find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

We wanted Mexican food and stumbled upon this one. Food was wonderful, the owner was very nice, place was clean and we had a great experience.

Visited April 2013
Fairfield
“Nice family-run place.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had an early dinner here after a long day of exploring the area, and were pleased with both the food and the service. It's a family-run place--grandma and mom doing the waitressing, with dad and son in the kitchen. The food came out promptly, our burritos were large and tasty, and the local beer on tap was great. My burrito was a bit on the spicy side, I thought, and I don't like a lot of heat in my food, but I enjoyed it. Wish I could give it a rating between average and very good. I have to admit that I did not use the restroom, so can't speak to the issue mentioned by a previous reviewer.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Elk Grove, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I guess I should be glad I couldn't access the Women's bathroom”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stopped here after a long drive up, partly because they were one of the places we saw with a visible wheelchair ramp into the building. When we got inside the first thing we noticed was the two large steps going up to the restrooms. I guess no margaritas for me! We both had quesadillas and they were good enough (the shrimp was much tastier than the chicken). The service was adequate but definitely nothing to write home about.

Visited September 2013