“You MUST be kidding!!!!”
Review of The Q

The Q
Ranked #30 of 86 Restaurants in Fort Bragg
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: just opened (in April 2012?) at the south end of Fort Bragg on Highway 1. Attracting lots of interest.
Reviewed March 12, 2014

This is the second time we have tried the Q. There won't be a third. When reviewing a restaurant I like to give someone the benefit of a doubt if I don't like them the first time. Maybe it was an off night. It happens. Maybe a different chef was in house that night. Some places employ more than one chef. But the "Q" should probably change its name. If this is "The Q" as if all others should be judged by this company, then the other que joints through out the world have nothing to worry about.
So down to it. As I said this is our second time eating here. The first time we had the rib sampler(?). That was 3 pork back ribs and two beef back ribs. There wasn't enough meat on the ribs to quench the hunger of a small child let alone an adult. The potato salad tasted like poatoes, mayo and MAYBE some onion. The mac and cheese was just this side of that stuff that comes from a box and looks like melted highway cones.
this time we went for a little lighter fare. I had the pulled pork sandwich and my wife had the bacon cheese burger. The pulled pork was indeed pulled pork but it was cold. Not tepid, but cold. My wife asked for her burger to be medium well. Someone in the barbeque game you would think would know the difference between mediam well and well done. So well done there wasn't any juiciness left to the burger.
And here is a kicker. NO FRIES.
So for the Pulled Pork Sandwich, Bacon Cheeseburger, two Red Tail Ales and a thimble of wine (yes the glasses are that small) we paid 45 dollars.
Do yourself a favor folks. When in Fort Bragg pass this by. It is right on Highway 101 but keep driving. Go on into town and hit up a few of the other places. There is good food in Fort Bragg but this is NOT it.

1  Thank Adam R

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Huge menu of bbq stuff. I ordered a few things - ribs, chicken and fish and chips. Make sure you check your order. They gave me the blackened fish instead of battered. It was okay but not what I wanted. I would eat there again.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I couldn't wait for them to open- and what a letdown that was! I went the first time a couple of weeks after they opened. I had the pulled pork, my friend had the southern fried chicken. Now, I'm from the south, and when they delivered cajun blackened chicken (which he couldn't eat) I was horrified! NOTHING AT ALL WAS SOUTHERN FRIED!!!! I kept waiting for that great smokey flavor on my pulled pork, but it never came. The dried out pork was almost flavorless. I didn't care for the vinegary sauce either. I went back alone another time, and nothing had improved. I'll never go back. More people than I have stopped going, and there are fewer cars there every day.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Being a local I have been here a handful of times since The Q has opened....I think I have gone for the last time though...Our beef brisket , and the baby back ribs were dry, but flavorful due to the sauces we smothered them in. Yummy sauces for sure...And half orders only get ONE side....What? At those prices? The chili beans were the best thing we had here..Cornbread was very dry...Manager even said perhaps he over baked it...Floor was dirty, flies buzzing around the room and we got charged $1.00 for a glass of WATER!....Hope they can get it together or else there will be another empty store front in ol Fort Bragg....And that would not be good thing.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Great baked oysters, baby-back ribs and cole slaw was fresh, crispy and tasty. Staff are quite friendly and efficient, too!