“Disappointing”
Review of Taqueria Ricarda's

Taqueria Ricarda's
Ranked #13 of 86 Restaurants in Fort Bragg
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: We are a family run Mexican restaurant and make our food fresh every day. We serve a devoted local clientele and welcome visitors. You will find incredibly delicious rellenos, burritos grande, fabulous tacos, and home made chips and salsa. You will always receive friendly service where you will feel like you are home.
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Wow, I thought I'd missed something when I saw all the glowing reviews - so I went myself. Yuck. Lackluster service, the ambience of a truck stop, table unclean - the food was not memorable at all - and I hail from the southwest, so good Mexican food is something I know. I won't go back.

3  Thank Pen2paint

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have been patronizing this quaint little place for nearly a decade. Other restaurants have come and gone in the area but Ricarda's always remains the same wonderful Cocina de Mexico. We have recommended it to all of our friends and no one was ever disappointed. Ricarda and her husband operate it and provide consistently wonderful rellenos, tamales, enchiladas y burritos. The chips are homemade with fresh pico de galo. Even the Cokes are authentic without the high fructose corn syrup, just good old cane sugar. My favorites are the combo plates but if I am really hungry the Super Burrito is a plateful. Best Mexican restaurant in several states.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Taqueria Ricarda was nothing but an excellent experience. I felt as welcome as at my grandmother's kitchen. When we didn't ask for any food for our 7 month old daughter, Ricarda brought out beans and rice. When we approached the counter to pay, she sent me back with some flan for the little one. It is clear in our interaction with Ricarda that she has a passion for her business and serving food to visitors. Food was priced well and it was nice to eat where the locals eat, away from the tourist area. We highly recommend a meal with Ricarda.

Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

A little authentic Mexican restaurant - good food, cold drinks and a precious owner with a heart of gold. Ricarda is down to earth and cooks up wonderful food. It felt like we were in her kitchen at home!

2  Thank Pcl4
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I picked this restaurant at random via Garmin GPS. It is located on East Oak Street, about a half mile up from Highway 1. It is a mom and pop type place that appears quite popular with the locals. The procedure seems to be to grab a menu from the counter, take your preferred beverage from the cooler and pop the cap off with the bottle cap opener attached to the side of the counter, and then proceed to sit wherever. The place is small with tables quite close together. A sign indicates that the seating capacity is 39. Once you are seated, a woman who I believe is the dueña, comes over with a basket of chips with salsa. I ordered the super amigo burrito which was delicious. The menu has the typical Mexican fare. When I went to pay, I discovered that they only take cash or check, no credit cards. So I told her I would have to find an ATM as I only had a few $1.00 bills in my wallet. She let me go, no questions asked, and I was back in less than 10 minutes. Before I hit the road again the following day, I returned for lunch and another super amigo. I suggested to her that she invite Oprah to come and sample the fare and make her world famous! Great little place!

1  Thank ELHS220