“Nice, clean, quiet place to stay”
Review of Colombi Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fort Bragg
Colombi Motel
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
A TripAdvisor Member
“Nice, clean, quiet place to stay”
Reviewed August 31, 2004

Columbi is a real decent place to stay. The people are nice, the place is clean, and most importantly, it's quiet. There are plenty of channels on the television too. The price is more reasonable than any I found, and if you need a great ocean view, glitter on the ceiling, or an overcharge to brag about, by all means go somewhere else. I have an ocean view at home, and don't need the loud tourists that sometimes go along with it!

• Stayed August 2004
27 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed August 26, 2004

we stayed at the columbi last year and they were remodling it then and only had 4 units to go the unit we got smelled of mold and smoke and the floor in front of the toilet was rotten so you had to be carefull were you stepped as far as a romantic spot I couldn't possibly be turned on by anything about this motel and as far as this being easy on the budget we paid 80 dollars for our crappy room
we went to another hotel on hwy obe that was far better the next night and only paid 59 I would never stay there again and wouldn't have in the first place if I was the family member in charge of the reservations save your money and get a hotel on hwy 1

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 8, 2004

I want to argue with some previous reviews. Don't believe the one about the druggies - we felt completely safe in the motel and the community. However, you are not going to spot the sea without standing on the roof.

My above average rating is for value. Fort Bragg lodging is getting expensive. Colombi is almost a 50% savings over Motel 8. If your objective is to have a nice, clean, no-frills place to stay and save your budget for the train ride and some good seafood, don't hesitate to stay at the Colombi.

The room was exceptionally clean and roomy. we had a separate bedroom for our child. It's an older motel but the owner said that all but 4 of the 22 rooms have been recently renovated and those 4 will be done within the year. If you ask, they will tell you whether you are getting a renovated room. As noted in another review, the owners are NICE. Each room has a carport betweeen it and the next and it is single story so we did not hear anyone else and did not worry about turning up the volume on the TV.

20 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 9, 2004

I stayed at the colombi motel several months ago. I thought the place was clean fairly quiet, and I loved the home like set up w/the mini kitchen. I'd definetly stay there again.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 31, 2003

Colombi's has been a longtime romantic spot for my husband and I! The place is always clean, rooms are separated by carports so you don't hear the neighbors' loud TV. There are sweet kitchenettes in each room - with little stove, fridge, cabinets, a sink, etc. And I've NEVER run across a disreputable person in all my 13 years of visiting there!The Colombi's have waited up for us when we drive in late. They are a family run business, and own a little convient store and laundromat next door. Some rooms, you can see a bit of the sea, and others looks out over a lot often full of wild flowers. Both rooms get beautiful light, and for the price of a crappy hotel on the highway, you get peace and quiet. It's located close to all the beauties in that area - beaches, dunes, Mendocino, and also all the convienences of town - Grocery store, movie theater, restaurants. Colombi's is the best!

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member