Colombi Motel
Super 8 Fort Bragg(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
$84
$57
Surf & Sand Lodge(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
$179
$161
Hotels.com
North Cliff Hotel(Fort Bragg)
$209
$189
$170
Hotels.com
Beach House Inn(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
$98
Holiday Inn Express Fort Bragg(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
$155
Hotels.com
Harbor Lite Lodge(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
$141
$123
Shoreline Cottages(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
$129
Surf Motel and Gardens(Fort Bragg)(Great Value!)
$80
All reviewstwo bedroom unitoutstanding place to stayyearly traditionmotor courtowners take pridelabor day weekendb bsstayed one nightlaundromatdelimotelrestraurantconveniencesofficemendocinocoastocean
Reviewed September 17, 2008

We go up to Fort Bragg for Winesong every year and have stayed at a different place every time. I usually feel ripped off and most of the places are not very clean.We had always joked about staying here and finally decided to give it a try after reading the reviews here. Our room was about $60 and very clean. We brought our own coffee and dishes so we were prepared. It was nice not having to listen to the goings on in the room next door because there is a car port dividing you. and every room has it's own hotwater heater which was great too. We could walk to dinner and all the cute shops. Even stopped at the Milano Bar which is a little neighborhood bar with a cute back patio. Martini and a beer $5.!!!! Don't tell anyone about this place.I would definately go back here.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank winetoots
Reviewed August 18, 2008

While researching for places to stay in Fort Bragg over 3 summer nights, I came across Colombi. We stayed our first two nights at another hotel on the ocean and spent the last night at Colombi. I wish I would of stayed all three nights at Colombi. We enjoyed it so much we tried to make another night out of it but they were booked.

Colombi is a nice family run motel in the local living area of Fort Bragg. I liked the fact that it is located within the heart of where the locals live. However, only a short walk will get you into downtown. Because of this, the area is quiet.

Colombi seems to have the corner on the market. Literally, they have the market with a deli (where you check in), the laundromat and the motel all next door to each other. You feel like you stepped back in time. It's great to be in the market to watch all the locals walk in, come in for their daily coffee, soda, what have you, call each other by name, and everyone talking about what's going on in town. The family was very friendly, Sandy made some great deli sandwiches and Robert gave us tips on hikes and gave us the history of his family. They were all very friendly and made you feel like they were welcoming you into their home.

The rooms only offer up to a queen size bed, some have kitchens, some only have a mini fridge. We had one of the larger rooms with a full kitchen. The rooms were clean and well maintained. The carports were even a nice touch. Should you get a room with a kitchen, they will offer you a utencil pack for $5 a day if you do not bring your own and you wish to cook. They offer coffee and ice every day. The coffee is great. They also have a picnic area if you want to grab some food from the deli and take up the sun and eat outside.

If your looking for good value, a clean room, quiet surroundings, and family friendly atmosphere you have found it.

I also must mention the Taqueria Ricarda next door to the market offers some wonderful mexican food. Seems to be a local favorite. I'm already craving to go back for more carne asada tacos.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2008

The motel is a great value compared to other places in Fort Bragg. You pay for it by being a few blocks away from the main street but it's not a big deal. The hotel is in a "working class" neighborhood as others state but it seemed safe although I personally wouldn't walk around outside alone at night.

Nice sized kitchen but no dishes or utensils, bring yours or they rent it for $5.

Kind of a hassle to park near the store, check in, then drive around the block to go into the motel. The carports are a nice touch but kind of small so be careful as you pull in and out.

the insides are remodeled and everything was clean.

as of early July 2008, their Wifi was not working... when I called the front desk to ask if it was working, the phone kept ringing and ringing, I called several times and the same thing, then I used my cell to call and they answered immediately... take that for whatever it's worth, maybe they don't like answering calls from the guests?

overall, the people i interacted were competent but not the friendliest like other reviewers have experienced. they're not rude or anything though.

Overall, if I stay in Fort Bragg, I'd stay here again..

• Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed June 13, 2008

As sweet a place as you could want - ours had a queen bed and a kitchen. Not a kitchenette but a real kitchen with a full-sized refrigerator, a range with an oven (in addition to a microwave) and a sink with curtains over the windows. There's even one of those ironing boards that fold-down out of the wall.And here's the kicker - this isn't like staying in a Best Western where you can hear your neighbor's every sneeze because there's a garage between the units. Shade for your car and a (realtively) huge amount of space between you and your neighbors.

Nicely renovated and landscaped colorfully painted, there's been a lot of care and work put into the place. The manager is on-site and friendly (she saw me taking pictures and introduced herself) and the woman that checked us in (at the market on the corner, an interesting setup) was very friendly and helpful, even offering us a bag of ice for the room.

All of this came at a very reasonable price, lower than the chains with considerably more warmth. I'd like to keep this place a secret but they deserve better!

We wanted to stay longer once we saw the place but had prepaid camping reservations up the coast.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2008

This place is very clean. you check in at the store. its a bit different but very nice. The store has anything you might need and good competetitive prices. there is a laundry mat next door too. The kitchenette had no suppiles but we were offered them at the store. Very reasonable rates. I would stay there again. And its 5 blocks from the ocean. Hard to get a hold of though book through the store not the motel.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple