“Great place”
Review of Colombi Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fort Bragg
Colombi Motel
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Nevada City, California
“Great place”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Clean, quiet, convenient, firm matress and wonderful free coffee, tea & hot chocolate across the street at the market. You are required to read and sign a sheet of rules which help insure that there are no noisy or rude people on the premises. A nice walk or bike ride to downto

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank goodtalk46

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
St. Helena, California
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Booked room several months in advance. When we arrived they questioned how many people in the room. We reserved a room for 5 people and it only had 2 beds! One person had to sleep on the cement floor with a sheet and blanket. Thank you Keith! You were the only thing good about the hotel. Complained to the owner and asked for a refund for the night. She informed us that we already paid less than we should have. I asked if she would sleep on a cement floor of a hotel room and she said no. They put us in another room the second night but no microwave or second tv. The view out our window was grocery carts filled with linens and cleaning supplies. She also said I was being unreasonable with my request for an adjustment. She did refund us $20.00. NEVER AGAIN! Chiropractor was $60:00. And oh the bed was just as hard as the floor. Just saying. BUT they give you a little bitty bag of ice each day. One more thing,our second room smelled like smoke!!! YUK

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Thegramma
San Carlos, California
Reviewed September 3, 2013

There were 5 of us who stayed here for an overnight. This family owned property is surprisingly clean for an old quasi apartment style rental that comes with a carport next to the unit. It is in a quiet street. It has a bedroom and 2 full beds in the living room, a full kitchen but you need to bring your cookware, dinnerware and cutlery. You can also pay $5 and they will rent the kitchen items.

Next to the property is a laundry place that the owner owns. Across the street is a good size grocery/supermarket that they own also. Major tourist attractions are minutes away. The famous Samoa Island is 10 minutes away. It's 15 minutes north of Mendocino where lodging is more expensive.

We will defnitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rosjimenez
Minneapolis
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Friendly service, a clean room and low price are the attractions at the Colombi Motel in Fort Bragg. You check in at the family's market across the street, where they will also give you coffee/tea and ice if you request it. Our room actually had two rooms, with a television in each. The bathroom was clean and everything worked. There is nothing spectacular about the town, or the hotel, but I would certainly stay there if we were passing through Fort Bragg again.

Eureka, California
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This motel is off the highway a few blocks. They must have had problems in the past, because I have never seen so many rules! When you check in (at the Market) you have to sign a rule list. There is a rule list tacked on the room wall. There is a rule list on the phone table. The rules are funny; no drunken behavior, no guests in the room etc. The view out the kitchen window is of a very seedy trailer park. The motel grounds are nice and the room was clean. But it was very small with no where to sit. The bed took up the entire "living room" area. The kitchen is large but has those cheap plastic patio chairs. Keep in mind the kitchen comes with NOTHING in it. If you want a cup or a spoon, you have to pay $5 for a container of utensils and plates. We bought instant coffee from Starbucks since there is no coffee maker provided. Boiled water in a pot...better than no caffeine. Each unit has its own little carport. But many of the SUVs don't fit in them. Our car fit fine, just let all your passengers out before you park. We were there for the busy season. It is better priced than the places on the highway, but at $90 a night, its no real bargain. A real problem...there is no code for the wifi and I'm sure the entire neighborhood is using it! It was super slow, almost impossible to use. A simple code for guests would help!

Room Tip: The two room units are just two beds, no sofa or chairs. If you only need one bed, the kitchen units...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank norcalhummingbirds
Willits, California, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed at The Colombi Motel this weekend while attending a family reunion. The place was very clean! The room I stayed in had more than enough space for my family. My parents stayed accross the paring lot. Their room was amazing! I love the location as well as the covinenience of the Market right there.Very well priced. The ownwers were GREAT! They made my stay so much better! I would recommend this place to anyone!

Room Tip: Room 9 had the kitchen
Lafayette, California
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stayed here with my family for two nights over the Fourth of July weekend. The room was immaculately clean. The grounds were well maintained as well with beautiful flowers everywhere. What I loved most was the fact that I could walk anywhere downtown in a matter of minutes. Another reviewer said you needed a car to get around. I didn't find that to be true. It was about a 10 - 15 minute walk to downtown. Another reviewer also mentioned noise at night. I didn't experience that either. This motel is located in a residential area near downtown and there is barely any street traffic or noise after dark.

Pros:
- clean
- walkable to downtown
- laundry facilities onsite
- local market across the street
- good mexican food across the street
- covered parking area
- refrigerator and hairdryer in the room
- very affordable

Cons:
- rooms were small
- no microwave in our room
- random rules like no ice chests in the room. Not a big deal, just a tad odd.

Overall, a very solid choice and I could definitely see myself staying here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family