“Simple clean room in Fort Bragg”
Review of Colombi Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fort Bragg
Colombi Motel
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Friendly service, a clean room and low price are the attractions at the Colombi Motel in Fort Bragg. You check in at the family's market across the street, where they will also give you coffee/tea and ice if you request it. Our room actually had two rooms, with a television in each. The bathroom was clean and everything worked. There is nothing spectacular about the town, or the hotel, but I would certainly stay there if we were passing through Fort Bragg again.

There are newer reviews for Colombi Motel

Reviewed August 3, 2013

This motel is off the highway a few blocks. They must have had problems in the past, because I have never seen so many rules! When you check in (at the Market) you have to sign a rule list. There is a rule list tacked on the room wall. There is a rule list on the phone table. The rules are funny; no drunken behavior, no guests in the room etc. The view out the kitchen window is of a very seedy trailer park. The motel grounds are nice and the room was clean. But it was very small with no where to sit. The bed took up the entire "living room" area. The kitchen is large but has those cheap plastic patio chairs. Keep in mind the kitchen comes with NOTHING in it. If you want a cup or a spoon, you have to pay $5 for a container of utensils and plates. We bought instant coffee from Starbucks since there is no coffee maker provided. Boiled water in a pot...better than no caffeine. Each unit has its own little carport. But many of the SUVs don't fit in them. Our car fit fine, just let all your passengers out before you park. We were there for the busy season. It is better priced than the places on the highway, but at $90 a night, its no real bargain. A real problem...there is no code for the wifi and I'm sure the entire neighborhood is using it! It was super slow, almost impossible to use. A simple code for guests would help!

Room Tip: The two room units are just two beds, no sofa or chairs. If you only need one bed, the kitchen units...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank norcalhummingbirds
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed at The Colombi Motel this weekend while attending a family reunion. The place was very clean! The room I stayed in had more than enough space for my family. My parents stayed accross the paring lot. Their room was amazing! I love the location as well as the covinenience of the Market right there.Very well priced. The ownwers were GREAT! They made my stay so much better! I would recommend this place to anyone!

Room Tip: Room 9 had the kitchen
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stayed here with my family for two nights over the Fourth of July weekend. The room was immaculately clean. The grounds were well maintained as well with beautiful flowers everywhere. What I loved most was the fact that I could walk anywhere downtown in a matter of minutes. Another reviewer said you needed a car to get around. I didn't find that to be true. It was about a 10 - 15 minute walk to downtown. Another reviewer also mentioned noise at night. I didn't experience that either. This motel is located in a residential area near downtown and there is barely any street traffic or noise after dark.

Pros:
- clean
- walkable to downtown
- laundry facilities onsite
- local market across the street
- good mexican food across the street
- covered parking area
- refrigerator and hairdryer in the room
- very affordable

Cons:
- rooms were small
- no microwave in our room
- random rules like no ice chests in the room. Not a big deal, just a tad odd.

Overall, a very solid choice and I could definitely see myself staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We had a wonderful experience at the Columbi Motel. It is a 1950's style motor court, and each unit has its own carport. You check in and check out across the street at the Columbi Market, which is an even earlier vintage, and reminds you of the very best in small town America. The rooms in the motel are absolutely immaculate. I have never stayed in a cleaner or more well-maintained property. The beds were comfortable (we had a room with two rooms - a queen bed in the front room and a double bed in the back room - unit G) and the shared bathroom was fine. There was a separate closet in each room. Only the front room had a TV in a cabinet, but every room in this motel is different, and some of the 2-room units have a TV in the back room also. There are plenty of nice bathroom amenities including moisturizing lotion and shampoo.
The Columbi family still runs the market and motel, and they are so friendly and welcoming that it is like stepping back in time. I absolutely loved this place. What a great stay for the Memorial Day holiday! By the way, the prices of this gem are very economical.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room here. You can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I am 76 years old and suffer from severe allergies. This is the first place I have ever found that lives up to its promise of allergen free. I could tell horror stories over the years of places which also promised this, but Colombi actually delivered. Never had any problems any night. If I had just been driving by I probably never would have stopped, as it is an unremarkable 50's style motel. Trust me, however, that it delivers with total cleanliness. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank jdetroit13
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Just spent two nights here based on other reviews. Homey family run place. The room was very clean, the staff friendly and accommodating, and even though you have to go across the street to the family's grocery store for registration and service, no problems. The is a '50s style motor court, with a car port next to each room. They didn't plan for large SUV's in the 50's so we elected to park in front of our room. I don't think the door would have opened enough to get out had we pulled into the small spot. It would be fine for sedans though.

Price was $65+ taxes, as we were just a couple of days after their seasonal rate change to higher rates. The weather didn't reflect the summer season though. It was a ittle pricy, but Fort Bragg and the Mendocino coast tend to be that way. Lots to do around the town. Be sure and ride the Skunk Train through the redwood forests.

We took the train ride and low and behold for the first time in over 25 years two of the train cars derailed. They promptly move everyone in the two other cars detached the two at the end of the train that were off the tracks and we returned on a half hour late from the scheduled arrival time back in Fort Bragg. Singing Conductor on the train was great, very entertaining.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple