“Traffic noise & mildew smell”
Review of Colombi Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fort Bragg
Colombi Motel
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
San Diego, California
“Traffic noise & mildew smell”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Sorry, but just not enough savings for me to forfeit a good nights sleep. The location is several blocks off the main street, but apparently situated on another main hub for the locals. Heard traffic noise throughout the night ( and no, the locals don't roll up the streets by 10:00). Rank mildew smell made me question what I was breathing in all night . Shower was incredibly small & door would pop open with every turn. 1st person to shower got the hot water. Didn't find our room as clean as other guests had mentioned. Not for me again, thank you.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank imdinah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Newcastle, California, United States
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I really loved this place! The kitchen was small but I was able to make 2 big breakfasts and dinners for a family of 5. The box of kitchen items you pick up at the store for $5 was perfect. They should put short stools in the kitchen to take up less room and include a cookie sheet in the box, but with tin foil I was able to put the bisquits in the oven. The teens took the bedroom and had a flat screen TV the main room had 2 beds and a mini couch which my son loved, both TV's got fuzzy sometimes but plenty of cartoons so our 6 year old was happy. very quite and the bed's and room were nice and warm on 2 cold nights. We were able to go to the corner store for free ice and coffee or hot choc everyday, and I had our coffee press too , the fridge had lots of room and the place was clean and when i say clean it was clean and smelled clean. 6 blocks from Main street and everyone was very nice. 1 major problem I had was no wifi at all. We had to go to Star bucks to load pictures and with 2 teens they had to speak to each other in person LOL . In all it was a nice surprise to have such a clean , friendly place for a great price .

Room Tip: no wifi and the front desk is the corner store that closes at 9pm .So don't be stupid like i was...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Lincoln, California
Reviewed July 29, 2012

The hotel itself wasn't bad. Resembles old military housing. very well kept and VERY clean! The single room (room #6) was more like a studio apartment, with the kitchen. If you want pot/pans/plates/utensils, there is an additional charge of $5. The second night, we stayed in the 2 bedroom uni (room "E"). It doesn't have a kitchen, so I preferred the single room with the kitchen.
Even though the room is nice, there isn't much to do in Fort Bragg, so next time I would probably try finding a place in Mendocino, about 20min south.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank filmguam
Missouri
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We spent two nights here. Enjoyed having two bedrooms, but no hair dryer was a real drawback. Staff was very accommodating and allowed us to use hair dryer in unit next door. All seemed puzzled that no dryer was installed in our unit. Other drawback was having to get ice from store across street and only 1 small bag per day - would have liked a little ice in the morning and again in the evening as didn't need entire bag at one time. Despite a few small problems, it was a great value and we would stay there again.

Room Tip: If you need a hair dryer, ask for a room that has one installed - not all rooms have one.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MO8ball
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

We needed a one night stay in Fort Bragg. The rooms war okay, a bit small (we banged our heads often -> television, shower...). The carpet was quite disgusting, we found peanuts lying on the floor. There is a mobile-car-park behind the motel and in the night it was quite noisy, motors running all night. We had better motels during our trip. It is not located in the center or near the restaurants. But the service was very friendly!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank LJDelz
West Frankfort, Illinois
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This motel has rooms of all sizes, including multiple bedrooms. The garage between each room provided great sound proofing. We chose a room with a kitchen which met all of our needs. When taking back to back showers we never ran short of hot water. On our trip of 5600 miles, we did not find a cleaner room. The clean courtyard with pretty flowers provided additional privacy from the street. Their grocery market and deli across the street provided great sandwiches, or enchiladas, tamales, etc. Their laudromat next to motel was extremely clean and provided us immediate access to a machine. We liked the quiet location off the busy thoroughfares. We are looking forward to returning next summer.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Nancy O
Portland
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I read the reviews and hoped for the best. I was happy to find that it was really clean and not run down at all. Our room had a kitchen that looked like it had recently been redone and had a new refrigerator, microwave and toaster. It's very quiet and cute - there's flower boxes by each door filled with flowers and each unit has its own open garage. They don't allow pets or smoking within 20 feet of the rooms, so things smell good. My only complaint is that there was a faint stain on the sheet. Even though I knew it had been laundered, it grossed me out so we turned the sheet 180 degrees so I wouldn't see it. Then I was happy again! The check in is at the grocery store on the corner -fast and friendly. You have to walk there to get your morning coffee, but they had six kinds to choose from. My husband had a delicious, organic African dark roast. All of this and it cost $60 plus tax! Stay here!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple