“Unique, charming and friendly!”
Review of Colombi Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fort Bragg
Colombi Motel
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Unique, charming and friendly!”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

A visit to yesteryear with apartment like features including garage for your vehicle.

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
MDEnce
Reviewed July 29, 2011

My wife booked the Colombi Motel for our family, as well as her brother's family, two of her sisters' families and her parents (5 units), for her parent's 50th anniversary get-together in Fort Bragg.
I got off work early, so we went a day early, and they were able to accommodate us with an extra night in the same room, which was appreciated.
Our room was basically a 1 bedroom apartment, with a sofa and 2 queen beds in the living room for the kids, a queen bed in the bedroom for my wife and I, a bathroom, and a small but full kitchen. While definitely not new, the unit was clean and well maintained. The beds were also more comfortable than I expected.
Although not the speed I have at home, the wifi internet always connected to both my phone and my netbook and worked fine. However, the TV in our unit was small, and there was only the one TV in the living room. Good thing we weren't there to watch TV.
We rented the dishes (a deal at $5 for the whole time we were there), and got our daily free bag of ice (an bought other items) at the Colombi Market across the street, and were always treated well by the friendly staff there.
My wife's sisters complained about all of the rules posted in the rooms, but we never had a problem with any of them. We weren't even hassled by the management when we inadvertently left our empty ice chest in the room over night.
Bottom line, it was nothing fancy, but more than sufficient for our needs.
If I end up going back to Fort Bragg for any reason I'll stay at the Colombi Motel again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MDEnce
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed June 23, 2011

My family and I recently stayed at Colombi Motel in Fort Bragg. We were very pleased with our room which was clean and comfortable and we were also very impressed with the friendly and thoughtful service we received.

Room Tip: Free parking and xtras, Unit 7 had a full kitchen
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Marissa1960, Manager at Colombi Motel, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
Thank you for leaving such a lovely comment about Colombi Motel. I am usually so busy with the motel and the other businesses (Colombi Market and Colombi Laundromat) that I do not have time to respond to customers comments but I wanted to take the time out to respond to yours and thank everyone for their great support! We have had such a wonderful bunch of customers! Thank you all!
Hercules, California
Reviewed June 13, 2011

My husband and I went on a last-minute trip to fort bragg for the Memorial Day weekend. Luckily, booking a room over the phone was a breeze. It's our first time to stay in a motel, and we expected the worst. Surprisingly, the unit we were assigned to (unit 12) was immaculately clean...from the bedroom to the bathroom to the kitchenette. Unbelievable!!! They've raised the bar so high that I don't think any other motel will come close. This is indeed as good as it gets! Our unit did not have its own carport but parking was not a problem since there's a parking area a few steps away. We highly recommend this place. ps- if you are particular about noise, don't get unit 12 ; it's next to where housekeeping does the laundry so it can get pretty noisy.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Oakland, California
Reviewed June 11, 2011

I stayed for one night in room IA, the tiny room tucked in between others. Only $60 and clean as a whistle. The family that runs this place is super friendly and helpful. While I was out for the evening, the whole town went down to a power failure. When I got back to the room, there was a nice hand written note explaining the situation on the door and a flashlight hanging on the door knob. The power went back sooner than anticipated, but it was so great to know that they were thinking of me! In the morning I asked for ice (there is no ice machine) and was told, well, you get a free bag of ice from our grocery every day you are here. The family runs the grocery, laundromat, and motel, that are all adjacent to one another. The motel office is in the grocery store, so don't get lost looking for it.

I will be back! Just the BEST!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Perhaps if you're gonna stay for a few days or a week this place would be a good choice. It's clean, decent, and doesn't smell much. That's all the good I can say. I ran out of hot water in the shower. The internet is ridiculously slow and inconsistent. The door doesn't deadbolt. Do yourself the favor we should have done. Spend the extra few dollars to stay at a chain.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank ATX455
Silicon Valley
Reviewed May 31, 2011

You just can not beat this old-school motel. For the holiday weekend, cost $65/night. Comfy bed, very clean, kitchenette, each unit is separated from the next by a carport. Tucked into a real neighborhood, it is located about 4-6 walkable blocks from the downtown shopping/eating/movie theater scene. This was our 2nd stay here. Would have liked faster internet and HBO. Otherwise, just what we like. The tacqueria across the street is well-regarded, though we did not eat there. Sadly, the Colombi family patriach had just passed away this week, a loss for the community.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple