The Beachcomber Motel and Spa on the Beach
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Las Vegas
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

My husband and I checked in after a terrible drive over Highway 20. I was very grumpy trying to hold my lunch in, but was greeted by a very nice young man, Tim, and a very nice young lady, Gabbie. They were both so cheerful and friendly, that my sickness started feeling better. The helpfulness, and friendliness of the staff is always very important to me. Anywho, We checked in to a fabulous room with the best view I have ever had. The King size bed was the most comfortable bed I have EVER stayed in. Downtown Fort Bragg is super cute, and unique. Do recommend all the touristy things in town (Glass Beach, Guest House Museum, The Depot..etc) I had the best birthday I could ever ask for. The Beachcomber is now my favorite getaway spot!! Will most definitely be back!!

Room Tip: South Side, upstairs!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jolene S
beachcombermotel, General Manager at The Beachcomber Motel and Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
You made my day, after reading that Beachcomber is your favorite get away spot! We work hard to make your stay special, our entire staff appreciates your praise! We all look forward to seeing you back at the Beachcomber anytime you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Korean first
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

We found this hotel by accident. We had not booked a hotel prior to our arrival in Fort Bragg and just pulled into this one. We went to the front desk to inquire about a room and they gave us a fair price especially considering the great amenities.
The room was sparkling clean with the newest decor. We opened the sliding glass door to hear the ocean while we relaxed in the room. We needed to wash clothing and were planning to go to a laundromat down the street. However, they had an on-site laundry facility and provided quarters at the front desk.It was also locked with room key access only which allowed us to go back to the room and enjoy the view a bit more.
The free breakfast was nothing to write home about but the coffee was good. Overall, wonderful find!

Room Tip: If you got a room on the top deck, you could keep your door to the ocean open at night time. However...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate the positive feedback about your visit to the Beachcomber. What a wonderful find for you to have stumbled upon. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future, and hope to be your go to destination whenever you visit the area again.
CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Staff was very nice and we enjoyed bringing our dog. That said, the rooms to the south of the lobby are likely even nicer, but hey-- we got to bring our dog!
Just a gorgeous view, so easy to walk to the beach and right on the bike path. Breakfast is included, but if you eat a low carb diet, make other plans. We've been here before and always have a great time

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
beachcombermotel, Manager at The Beachcomber Motel and Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
All of us here at the Beachcomber were delighted to review your comments. We are so pleased you enjoyed your visit! Thank you again.
Truckee, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Just returned from 3 glorious days in Fort Bragg and our stay @ Beachcomber Motel was great as usual! At check -in we were welcomed and greeted, had cocoa and coffee and arrived at our ocean view room with "ahhhh" on our lips! Happy to be back! Nice shower, pleasant amenities, flat screen t.v. and super comfy beds accompany that killer ocean view!!!! We enjoy the breakfast of oatmeal, fruit and bakery bread with our coffee, then it was off to Harvest Market to buy our picnic boots and new galoshes:). Our last night we had a fabulous massage by Arron!!! Truly a memorable experience!!! As we left we took pihotos of a rainbow going into the ocean!~~> the cherry on top our treasured getaway!!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Marymedals
Thank you! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and pleased you on all fronts. We will pass on your kind words to Aaron. Thank you again.
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stopped here on our trip down the California coast. We read the Tripadvisor reviews and we were not disappointed. The view and location are tremendous. Right next to the historic trestle, beautiful cliff-side walks ond a wonderful beach. The hotel was clean and comfortable, the service, bar none. I can confirm everything positive other guests indicate including the little things like the excellent toiletries and bed linens. We only stayed the one time, but it was clearly lovingly renovated and we loved every minute of our stay. Ft. Bragg is a lovely town and the Beachcomber is one its best treasures. We brought the cat, so had a ground level room which made for excellent entertainment while he played with the 'house' cats!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate your feedback about our property! I shared your comments with the staff and we are all very happy you had a great visit to our motel. We look forward to being your go to destination when you visit Fort Bragg. See you again soon!
South Berwick, Maine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

We renewed our vows on this beach 2 years ago. We did everything online. We were a little disappointed that we could not open the sliders and walk to the beach like it said we could in the discription online, the the views were awesome.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Congratulations on your vow renewal ceremony! What a perfect beach for such a romantic occasion. Due to the rugged coastline our rooms are unable to open up right onto the ocean but they do open up to the bluffs which leads you straight to the ocean. We are lucky to be situated right next to one of the only beaches in Fort Bragg. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Fort Bragg!
Chico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

Let me start off by saying that I have had a long history of coming to Ft. Bragg and staying at the Beachcomber Motel, which I love. Over thirty years have watched this place grow and change and renew itself, and all the while doing so with the guest in mind. If you have stayed here before, and wonder about the improvements since it has changed it's name to "the Beachcomber Motel and Spa on the Beach," you had better come and check it out! You will not be disappointed! A metamorphosis has taken place!

Oh, it still has all the charm and hospitality that you'd expect from a family owned motel in a quaint beach town... But it obviously has forward thinking and caring owners who have a clear vision of wanting to be Ft. Bragg's favorite motel. It is a place that guests come back to again and again. It is a place where the guest comes first and it feels like home. With all of the spa amenities, there is no pretentiousness... Only genuine, down to earth, sincere consideration and caring for their guests.

Let me tell you about some of the things that I love about the Beachcomber... The bedding and curtains are new, tasteful, and are beautiful hues of green and orange. There are two layers of drapery.You can go with just the sheers to let in the light and protect your privacy, or close the room darkening curtains. I stayed in the kitchenette room, with two queen beds. There are four pillows on each, with a comfy comforter and soft blanket neatly tucked at the foot of the bed. Perfect for watching the flat screen tv from! The kitchen has a small refrigerator with a freezer large enough for ice cream, a microwave, two burners, and a coffee maker. I had all that I needed to cook all of my meals.

In the bathroom there are all of the amenities that you'd expect at a fancy hotel or spa. There was delicious smelling spa quality shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and bath gel. I also appreciated the make-up remover, the shower caps, and the personal necessity kit with everything from nail file to needle and thread. I loved the tub for a long soak (before my massage that I was emailed a hefty $25 discount coupon for), but a shower would also be pleasant because of the meticulously clean cloth shower curtain that is on a bowed rod to provide additional room. This is what I mean about the owners thinking of every detail to make your stay perfect.

I brought my dog, and so was given a little doggie kit including a towel, doggie bags, and dog treats. I was given extra towels when I asked, and there are sheets in the drawer if you forget to bring your own to cover where your dog sleeps. There is of course maid service daily, but I asked for an extra "once over" with the vacuum in the afternoon, and housekeeping came right away. There are strict dog rules, which I appreciate. I saw no evidence of dog fur, poop, noisy pups, or pet odor. There is miles of paths right out your door to walk your dog, and they ask you not to let your dog relieve itself in front of or by any of the hotels. This is awesome! They are so dog friendly, yet considerate of others, and want to stay that way. Their rules help all pet owners do the right thing so that it is pleasant for everyone. There is even a little place where you can wash your pup off if he enjoys romping on the beach too much!

I can't stress enough how perfect the Beachcomber is location wise, especially if you have a dog. I brought my bike and could ride across the newly renovated trestle to go to Glass Beach, and also rode for miles in the other direction on the Old Haul Road.

Lastly, I will tell you that the breakfast has lots of choices... Pastries, bagels, breads, and a killer cinnamon cake like bread. Yummy. There is a selection of yogurts, butter, jellies, and cream
cheese. There is hot coffee, a nice selection of black and herbal teas, and four kinds of juices. I saw packets of hot chocolate and oatmeal, and a selection of sweeteners. I sat by the fireplace In the cozy lobby and drank some coffee while watching the fog lift, then I took my breakfast back to my room where I sat on the deck and listened to the ocean with my lab at my feet. What more could you want?

Room Tip: Ground level rooms are best if you are traveling with your pet, but better views in second story.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
beachcombermotel, General Manager at The Beachcomber Motel and Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Our staff is so excited to know you had such a great experience at the Beachcomber! I shared your feedback with the entire staff and we can't wait to have you back! We are happy to be your go to destination whenever you visit the area!