“Good for the price, nothing special with good location”
Review of Super 8 Fort Bragg

Super 8 Fort Bragg
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 7, 2009

We were attending a wedding near by and just needed a place to crash. this serves the purpose. Clean, convenient and close to everything. There is a cont'l. set up in the lobby. This wasn't advertised and the only way I found it was the fact that people were walking w/ pastries and coffee.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank paulandsteven

Reviewed February 12, 2009

I would recommend this hotel. Its not very fancy but its comfortable and clean. Right across is Perkos which serves amazing food. We had lunch and dinner there. The skunk train is not very far and it has quite a few attractions a few miles from this place. The Botanical gardens are quite nice as the loop takes you to the ocean. Its a nice place and not at all bad for family stay.

Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tinaferns
Reviewed December 31, 2008

We stayed here for couple of days while exploring the redwoods and beaches around the region. However, not much satisfied with our stay.

1. The website offers 2 distinct room types, one with "partial" ocean view and the ones without. Needless to say we booked the one with, just to find out they were out of those rooms when we reached there. There goes a star for not providing me what was promised (note that this was not part of the amenities but the room type itself)

2. The room was too small and there was no way we could move about without bumping into each other
Not worth the price paid.

3. Both the days we stayed, the room smelled of some weird disinfectant/bleach smell.

4. May be it was just our room, but the bed was really uncomfortable.

5. The bathroom was clean

6. Free breakfast offered was descent - cereals, bagels and muffins.

7. Do remember that the hotel is not situated near the beach. The beach is across highway 1 .

8. Overall... I don't think I will stay here again or recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: December 2008
2  Thank trekker_globe
Reviewed October 24, 2007

We arrived late but the hotel is on the main drag and was easy to find. And though they were full that night, we had no problem getting into our room. It was a clean, standard room, and although advertised, there was no internet and staff didn't have a clue. The continental breakfast was minimal.

The next morning, we found a very clean laundromat with a friendly attendant (it does not stay open late at night) just up a street from the motel - in an alley between Long's Drugs and Oak Street. There is an internet cafe next door that requires a code given with the purchase of a cup of coffee, but you can then work on the internet while doing your laundry.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LWL
Reviewed October 16, 2007

I asked for 2 non-smoking rooms. We got there at 1230 AM and no one was around to let us have our keys. I had called to say I would be in late. I had to knock on all the windows and finally someone handed us two sets of keys for the two rooms. Luckily I did not get room 108 - but I had brought Febreeze. The room smelled like someone had been smoking in it for every. I had room 202 and it did not have any of that. The next day, we could not get into our rooms. We had to go to the front desk to have the keys fixed; went back to our rooms only to return because the keys still did not work. After three visits, the keys finally were correctly fixed. Room 108 had people standing out the door all night talking. My daughter did not get much sleep.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank RhondaSacramento
Reviewed July 6, 2007

Fort Bragg is a small town north of Mendocino. I was thinking of booking a B&B, of which there are many around here, but we were planning to do a lot of outside stuff and we weren't going to be in the room a lot. We were looking for a good value (<$100 rooms with fridge and microwave) and found it here at the Super 8. We don't normally like Super 8's because some of the ones we've seen are not in good neighborhoods (auto shop, tattoo parlor type). That's not a problem here - it's surrounded by other hotels and motels.

It used to be the Surrey Inn (local?) but now it's an independently owned Super 8. The pantene shampoo and vaseline lotion toiletries were a nice touch. It's small but clean and the queen bed was among the most comfortable I've stayed in. There's free continental breakfast, free high speed internet and we can can walk a short distance to the Perko's restaurant across the parking lot for cheap eats, the nice Cliff House restaurant across the street for fine dining, and the bluffs overlooking Noyo Harbor. We do have to drive to downtown Fort Bragg, but downtown has the Train Depot and I'm glad we don't hear the train.

We have great timing visiting because we accidentally stumbled upon the annual Wild Salmon BBQ, which is followed by the town's 4th of July fireworks at Noyo Harbor, so we get to see double fireworks this year and we don't have to drive. Reserve in advance, not the day of - this place was booked for this BBQ weekend.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank fluoresce
Reviewed April 13, 2007

From Upperlake, CA I travel to Fort Bragg often and I have found that the staff at the Super 8 Motel to be the friendliest in Fort Bragg. The rooms are not spacious but very clean and cozy. I am not a light sleeper so what little traffic noise there is doesn't affect my sleeping. They also serve a very simple but nice breakfast of bagels and cream cheese, sweet rolls, and fresh fruit. Triple "A" plus to the Fort Bragg Super 8 Motel and their staff.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business