“Great honest staff”

Super 8 Fort Bragg
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Overnight stay. Room was clean Beds comfortable. We were passing through. Most of all
I have to mention how great the staff was. We left a purse under the bed, we did not notice
it till the next day.We phoned the hotel & they sent the purse intact to our next stop Portland
Oregon My faith in mankind was restored. Good location near Ocean, good breakfast.
Would stay there again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Shirley131
super8fortbragg, General Manager at Super 8 Fort Bragg, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind review. We all sympathized with the panic you must have felt when you left your purse. I am glad we were able to get your item returned to you in a safe manner and you were able to continue your trip. We hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The door lacked a supplemental security latch - it was completely gone - obviously removed sometime before my visit. Apparently not of much importance. No, I did not report it or ask for another room as it was apparent to me that the hotel must have been aware of the missing latch and was not bothered by it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank PATRICIA S
super8fortbragg, General Manager at Super 8 Fort Bragg, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I would like to address the issue you had with the missing security lock on the door. All of the rooms have a bar latch above the door handle area. I have never had reported to me that one was missing by a guest or by an employee. However, I will be going into each room today to double check. I was not able to find which room you stayed in off of just your first name, so if you could please call me at 800-206-9833 and let me know the room number you were in, it would be greatly appreciated. I am sorry to hear that the guests above you were noisy. If you come and visit us again, please feel free to call the front desk if another guest is disturbing you and we will be happy to take care of the issue.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Keith D
super8fortbragg, General Manager at Super 8 Fort Bragg, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Spent 2 days at this motel, while taking Skunk Train out of Fort Bragg. Staff Very helpful with directions and extra information. Rooms were adequate, clean and quiet. Motel conveniently located and easily accessed. Restaurant adjacent to property offered 10% discount for showing room card.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank JOHN W
super8fortbragg, General Manager at Super 8 Fort Bragg, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was able to answer all of your questions. I am glad to hear you took advantage of the 10% discount at Perko's which is our on-site restaurant. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DEANA B

Reviewed October 17, 2012

The staff was top notch, it was in a great location and they took dogs. These were all
positives in our stay.The negative was that after they charged us $20 for our dogs to stay the night, we were put into a room with a bed cover that was obviously stained and that had a cigrette burn through the face of it. The rug also had obvious stains on it, We figured that after paying $20 to have the dogs with us, we would have a room equal to all the others in the motel and not a dog only room..

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BRIAN P
super8fortbragg, General Manager at Super 8 Fort Bragg, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Thank you for your review. I do want to address your comment regarding the bedspread. I have to assume you must have us confused with a different hotel you stayed at. The reason I say this is because for one, we only charged you for 1 dog which was $10.00 and the other reason, which is the most important, is that all of our bedding is brand new. We do not use bedspreads but use a white top sheet over a comforter. None of our bedding has cigarette holes, this I have had double checked with housekeeping. Our guests who bring their furry family members are given the same quality of room as our non-pet guests. I am sorry if a different hotel did not give you the same quality of accommodations.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed at the Super 8 Fort Bragg for one night while traveling through the North Coast and enjoyed it very much.

The motel is located in Fort Bragg, about 10 miles from Mendocino. Mendocino only had expensive B&B. All the affordable options were in Fort Bragg. The motel is some distance away from downtown, on a generic highway strip. Downtown Ft. Bragg has some nice cafes, restaurants and bars.

I was surprised how nice the room was for the motel of this class. It was clean and pretty spacious and had all the usual amenities including a small table. The bed was comfortable. Rooms on the second floor provide more privacy than those on the on the first floor. Among the downsides were a scarcity of power outlets, flaky internet access and not so great water pressure in the shower. The advertised breakfast was really basic and unappetizing, I did not have it.

In conclusion, this was a really nice stay for a motel of it's class, would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank eugene_o
super8fortbragg, General Manager at Super 8 Fort Bragg, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you for your review of your stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do want to let you know that we are in the process of expanding our breakfast area. I hope will come back to see us and enjoy the new breakfast area.