“Can't Bragg about Fort Bragg”
Review of Super 8 Fort Bragg

Super 8 Fort Bragg
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We picked Fort Bragg as a middle spot to stop before driving to the Redwood Forest. We left San Francisco late and didn't arrive in Fort Bragg until after night fall. The drive from the 101 to Fort Bragg on the 20 was all switch backs. It was brutal in the middle of the night after a long day. Unfortunately when we got to the Super 8 we were hungry and tired, and it may have tainted our view of the place. I would consider it low end of scale. It was okay, clean and had a mini frig. The shower did not have enough water pressure and only allowed for 2 settings. A little disappointing. Also we got a room on the lower floor, you can hear people walking around on the upper floor. The staff was very nice and helpful. Oh, a continental breakfast was included with the cost of the room.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank alee_travel
super8fortbragg, General Manager at Super 8 Fort Bragg, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

I am sorry you were disappointed with your visit to Fort Bragg. I understand how exhausting it can be to make it here at night. I am sure, as you mentioned, that affected your view somewhat of your stay here. We hope all of our guests get a good comfortable nights sleep and I am sorry, that being on the bottom floor, you did not. If you visit our area again, which I hope you do, might I suggest when driving from the Bay Area, that you take HWY 128 instead of HWY 20. There are still curves but it is a much more mellow drive with wonderful views and will get you here in basically the same amount of time.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

This is not the first time we have stayed at this Super 8 in Fort Bragg. We love how close it is to the harbor, excellent restaurants, and all the outdoor points of interest in the area. There is no issue with bringing our little dog with us who LOVES to go on all the walks that are readily available near this location.They even gave us a doggie bag for her with treats, "poop bags" for walks,& a list of all dog friendly accomodations in the Northern California coastal region. The service was excellent and the next time we are up this way we will definitely stay here again. Easy parking, great location, all kinds of dining options near by... you will not be disappointed.Follow the road just south of the parking lot to Noyo Harbor and you'll find awesome restaurants from casual to fancy. We had my birthday dinner @ Silvers at the Wharf and then an awesome fish & chips lunch at a cafe a few doors down the next day.I can't remember the name of the last restaurant on the left side of the road, The Heron?, but we've eaten the BEST HALIBUT DINNER EVER there!!! The Super 8 is not "fancy", but the beds are SUPER comfortable & clean, and the price is great! The double queen rooms are clean, comfortable and spacious, and come with coffee maker, hair dryer, refridgerator, and microwave..Try the Cafe just North of the hotel, really good home cooking.All in all, a GREAT place to stay on your trip through Fort Bragg. Enjoy! Pam & Andy from San Diego CA.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andy and Pam G
Reviewed September 25, 2012

First stay in the Super 8 in Fort Bragg. Had a nice room with view, and was quiet even though it was above registration area and on the highway end of the building. Very clean, bright, cheerful, and very pleasant staff. Would recommend it.

1  Thank KFromOregon
super8fortbragg, General Manager at Super 8 Fort Bragg, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you so much for the very nice review of your stay with us. We really hope you are able to visit us again soon.

Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Not the best location. Before we even checked in, as we were getting out of our car we were approached by a couple looking for a handout and a free ride. Later they and others were loitering outside the motel and the adjoining restaurant, Perko's, stiil asking for a handout. I have great empathy for those down in their luck but being approached before we have checked into our motel room is unacceptable! Never again, not impressed with the locale!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank blgarth
super8fortbragg, General Manager at Super 8 Fort Bragg, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

I am sorry that you were approached by some transient people at our hotel. I want to assure you that whenever we see these people on our property we make them leave promptly especially if they are approaching a guest. This is something we do not tolerate and it is unfortunate that some still do come into the parking lot, although few, and we are unaware of it. This is a situation that you will find to some degree anywhere you go. Other then that, I assume that your stay with us was a good one, Location wise, we are located just a mile from the Skunk Train Depot and downtown Fort Bragg. We are directly across the street from the Pacific Ocean near pet friendly beaches and Noyo Harbor. I would hope this uncommon experience will not taint your view of our hotel and you will visit us again.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

My mother and I recently stayed at the Ft. Bragg Super 8, during a stay to visit family. We had stayed here 18 months ago so were familiar with location, price and value. It's a Super 8 so not for folks seeking upper end accommodations, but the $70 a night, during peak season, for a clean queen room, with fridge, microwave, adequate bed, ocean view and good location is a good deal in an area like Mendocino/Ft. Bragg.
This was a last minute trip so I was very pleased that we were able to not only get two rooms, but side by side on the upper level with ocean view.
The girl at the front desk was very friendly, polite and understanding when I reserved 4 nights, but told her that it could be less or more, depending on a family situation there.
The motel seemed to be very busy, but I never heard noise at night from other guests. We always had breakfast at the Perko's, on the same property so I don't have any information about the included continental breakfast, but assume it was the usual. They do not have laundry facilities, pool, work-out room, etc, but for the price, in that area, I wouldn't expect it.
The exterior walkways and staircases could use a good power washing, but the interior spaces were clean.
It suited our needs and budget perfectly.

1  Thank RandiRA
super8fortbragg, General Manager at Super 8 Fort Bragg, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

Thank you so much for your great review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay both times you visited us. We love to welcome back our repeat guests. I thank you for your observence of the walkway and be assured that that is one of the first things on our list as the season slows down. I am also glad to hear that you not only enjoyed your room but also the service you received. We do hope to see you again on your next visit to Fort Bragg.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel while on vacation. We wanted a location convenient to both the California state parks near the coast and Anderson Valley wineries, and this hotel fit the bill perfectly. Our room was quiet and comfortable - there is nothing fancy or exotic here, but everything was clean and well-maintained. We especially liked that the bed linens were simple white sheeting with a changeable duvet cover instead of a comforter of unknown age or cleanliness. As a nice bonus, our room had a lovely view of the Pacific Ocean, and we were able to watch the sunset from our window. The hotel was a great value for the area, and we would stay here again if we return to Fort Bragg. On a side note, if you are staying in the area, eat breakfast at Egghead's - awesome food and great service.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cardinalash

Thank you very much for leaving us such a nice review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our new linens. Like you, I appreciate knowing that my linens are fresh and clean and this is what we want to give to each of our guests. I am glad you enjoyed your visit with us and we hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

My sister and I stayed at the Super 8 Fort Bragg after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor, and the place lived up to the reviews, which were mostly quite favorable in recent months. The room we stayed in was clean, the beds exceptionally comfortable, and the staff friendly and helpful. Although it wasn't particularly cheap, compared to B&Bs and hotels in Mendocino, it's a bargain. And it seems to be very well managed by a very proactive general manager.

1  Thank JudyJ999

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It is nice when guests notice and acknowledge the effort we put in to give our guests a great place to stay while visiting the Mendocino Coast. We hope you will come back and see us again.