“Second stay here.”

Super 8 Fort Bragg
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 15, 2012

My mother and I recently stayed at the Ft. Bragg Super 8, during a stay to visit family. We had stayed here 18 months ago so were familiar with location, price and value. It's a Super 8 so not for folks seeking upper end accommodations, but the $70 a night, during peak season, for a clean queen room, with fridge, microwave, adequate bed, ocean view and good location is a good deal in an area like Mendocino/Ft. Bragg.
This was a last minute trip so I was very pleased that we were able to not only get two rooms, but side by side on the upper level with ocean view.
The girl at the front desk was very friendly, polite and understanding when I reserved 4 nights, but told her that it could be less or more, depending on a family situation there.
The motel seemed to be very busy, but I never heard noise at night from other guests. We always had breakfast at the Perko's, on the same property so I don't have any information about the included continental breakfast, but assume it was the usual. They do not have laundry facilities, pool, work-out room, etc, but for the price, in that area, I wouldn't expect it.
The exterior walkways and staircases could use a good power washing, but the interior spaces were clean.
It suited our needs and budget perfectly.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RandiRA
super8fortbragg, General Manager at Super 8 Fort Bragg, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

Thank you so much for your great review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay both times you visited us. We love to welcome back our repeat guests. I thank you for your observence of the walkway and be assured that that is one of the first things on our list as the season slows down. I am also glad to hear that you not only enjoyed your room but also the service you received. We do hope to see you again on your next visit to Fort Bragg.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel while on vacation. We wanted a location convenient to both the California state parks near the coast and Anderson Valley wineries, and this hotel fit the bill perfectly. Our room was quiet and comfortable - there is nothing fancy or exotic here, but everything was clean and well-maintained. We especially liked that the bed linens were simple white sheeting with a changeable duvet cover instead of a comforter of unknown age or cleanliness. As a nice bonus, our room had a lovely view of the Pacific Ocean, and we were able to watch the sunset from our window. The hotel was a great value for the area, and we would stay here again if we return to Fort Bragg. On a side note, if you are staying in the area, eat breakfast at Egghead's - awesome food and great service.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cardinalash

Thank you very much for leaving us such a nice review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our new linens. Like you, I appreciate knowing that my linens are fresh and clean and this is what we want to give to each of our guests. I am glad you enjoyed your visit with us and we hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

My sister and I stayed at the Super 8 Fort Bragg after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor, and the place lived up to the reviews, which were mostly quite favorable in recent months. The room we stayed in was clean, the beds exceptionally comfortable, and the staff friendly and helpful. Although it wasn't particularly cheap, compared to B&Bs and hotels in Mendocino, it's a bargain. And it seems to be very well managed by a very proactive general manager.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JudyJ999
super8fortbragg, General Manager at Super 8 Fort Bragg, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It is nice when guests notice and acknowledge the effort we put in to give our guests a great place to stay while visiting the Mendocino Coast. We hope you will come back and see us again.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

A group of 18 people on a motorcycle adventure stayed at this hotel. The rooms were clean, quiet and close to great places to eat. It's a nice place for a reasonable cost. If I am ever in the area again I would stay here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sandy S
super8fortbragg, General Manager at Super 8 Fort Bragg, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments regarding your stay with us at Super 8 in Fort Bragg, CA. I am very glad to here that you found your accomodations both clean and comfortable. We do hope to see you on your next vistit through our beautiful area on the Mendocino Coast Line.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

My family and I had booked two rooms. We arrived after 9:00 but check-in was professional and effecient. The two rooms were very close together and were very clean and spacious. I really liked the bedding set-up....no bedspread, but they used a duvet cover instead. I would definitely recommend this motel to others. We did not eat breakfast so I cannot comment on that.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
super8fortbragg, General Manager at Super 8 Fort Bragg, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Thank you so much for your great review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your accomidations, especially the new bedding since this is part of the renovations we have done to update the look of our rooms. We look forward to your return visit in the future.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

We usually come to Fort Bragg in the off season and stay at a certain motel. This is high season so we were able to stay here for half the price of our usual place. Booked a queen room for two nights. Desk staff was fast and helpful. Room was upstairs and very nice. Bed linens looked new and loved the double sheet over comforter style. Only negative would be the other people that were staying here. They were very loud at 5:30 in the morning talking in and out of the room. Not the fault of the motel just rude people. Parking lot seemed small for the number of rooms. Could never park close to the room.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you did enjoy your stay with us and that you noticed and appreciated our new bedding. We hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

For $100, we got a queen bed, a twin bed, a large bathroom, tiny shampoo and conditioner, a TV, AC, and two bar soaps. +wi-fi

In the late night 9:30 time, we could only get this room for the five of us. We had to bring an air mattress. The room was clean and roomy.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Audry K
super8fortbragg, General Manager at Super 8 Fort Bragg, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am glad we had a room available for you on such a busy night. I am sorry it was cramped for the amount of people you had but I am glad you were still happy with the condition and feel of the room. If you plan on visiting our area again during our busy summer season, please let us know ahead of time and we will do our best to make sure we get you in a room that fits your needs. Hope to see you again.