“Traveler - Beware of your "rewards" program”

Holiday Inn Express Fort Bragg
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Be careful of this place. They will not return phone calls to correct the error on the name registered to the room. The hotel staff made an error on the name and will not honor the REWARDS due to my name not on the bill. I was there with my family and paid the room with my credit card and signed it. They some how put my wife's name on it and will not credit me with the nights stay. The Corporate office of H.I. express replies with generic emails that they can not do anything and it is up to the manager at Fort Bragg to call you. I have never heard from the manager as of yet and the corporate emails state that the Manager will call me. This location is also over priced compared to other Holiday Inn Express. I stayed at other Holiday Inn Express locations that were brand new and the rates were $60.00 less than at Fort Bragg. Never stay here ever again !!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Vern G

Reviewed October 7, 2012

This Best Western Loyalist has been checking out the competition lately among what I call the mid-range hotels. This was our first stay at a Holiday Inn Express and we were impressed. It's not a seaside resort or a destination, but more a place to hang your hat for a night or two while you see the sights. Staff is a big deal to me and the front desk lady did not disappoint. The chocolate chip cookies in the lobby were a temptation (yes, I had a couple). Our room was nice and on my "would you walk barefoot in this room" scale it was a 7 out of 10. Very clean. Bathroom is modern and roomy. The bed was very comfortable and the air worked fine. We were in the front of the building and there was some highway noise. Breakfast was typical of this range of accommodation and I appreciate being able to "eat and run" without having to search for a restaurant nearby. The coffee is great, one of my priorities. It's just fine for a night or two before you head back out on the road to continue your trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back of the building for minimum highway noise.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bruce J
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We chose this hotel because we wanted to make sure we got something of a certain standard, and that is what we got. The hotel is modern and the room large and clean. However it has very little character.

Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Steve3591
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We have stayed here before and have been very happy with the accommodations. We paid a little extra for the creek view. The view is actually a canyon filled with trees and shrubs and plants. Typical of the area. We could see down the canyon all of the way to the ocean.

Room Tip: We like the canyon view. It is wide open and has lots of birds.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Day 5 of our USA roadtrip. Today we are in Fort Bragg. The H.I.E. in Fort Bragg was first class. You know what to expect with Holiday Inn Express and this lived up to every expectation. The location is quiet with some good views, the rooms are clean, well equipped and modern. Plenty of car parking, lovely staff and a good breakfast. No complaints and we would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I was a little hesitant to book this hotel based on some of the reviews but it really is a pretty good hotel. Clean and modern rooms and a nice sized parking lot. The hotel is a little ways off of 101 on a side road and good for those using Fort Bragg as a stopping point for the night. If you really want a spot that is within a close walk to the ocean I would look elsewhere. The biggest negative was the seating area for breakfast is small and did not have enough seats for guests. The front desk staff was friendly although they forgot to put my room number on key card holder.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Wxtraveler
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed at this place years ago before the renovations, before the new owners. It was pretty bad. We called see if there were any changes to the property and if so, to make a reservation and to our pleasant surprise, the woman on the phone said they had remodeled the hotel and was now under new owners.

We gave it a try and I declare, it is one of the most improved renovations I've ever seen.

The rooms are much brighter. The furniture is now up to date. They now have AC (last time they didn't.). Service is so much better. Room was very clean.

The fitness room has no name equipment but it is good enough. Maybe one day you can put in a little higher quality equipment, but it is better than other offerings in town, so i am not complaining.

Not sure about the breakfast. Didn't look quite as appetizing as other chains like Hampton so we skipped.

If I didn't know about how improved they are, might only give three stars, but I want to give the extra star for the effort they put into the renovation.

Hope the quality stays over time. We plan to be back! Thanks.

Room Tip: Pay the extra fee for a room away from the road. It is very quiet back there.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple