“I have been here several times”

Cowlicks Hand Made Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Fort Bragg
Description: Downtown Fort Bragg
Description: Downtown Fort Bragg
Northern California
“I have been here several times”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Excellent place, staff, icecream, and selections. whole family is satisfied. if your feeling adventurous try the candy top mushroom my fav. it tastes more like paralines and cream. not like musrooms :)

Visited June 2014

• Turkish first
Sacramento, California
“Excellent value”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This shop is two stores combined into one, with tables in the front window and the freezers behind. All their ice creams are house-made. The people in line in front of us ordered Mushroom ice cream, and I was intrigued, so I had a taste. It's made with Candy-cap mushrooms, which are said to be very sweet. The Mushroom ice cream actually tasted like a sweet, rich vanilla, with a heavy dose of maple syrup, which is the mushroom at work. It was very good but too sweet for me, sort of like a really sweet butter pecan, so I ordered the chocolate. I liked it, but I'm a big fan of really dark chocolate and this was medium. My husband was delighted to find a half-banana split on the menu, made with a single scoop of ice cream, chunks of fresh banana, and the usual syrups, sprinkled toppings, and whipped cream. I also tasted the strawberry. I love strawberry ice cream, but not the bright pink stuff you get in most ice cream shops. This was very pale with chunks of strawberries in it, sort of like Haagen-Dazs. Prices are very reasonable. My single scoop cost $1.95 and his half-split came to something like $3.50. The place is clean and somewhat echo-y, but pleasant enough. If you go, try the Mushroom ice cream - most people rave about it, and my taste was delicious.

• Visited June 2014
Sacramento, CA
“I scream, you scream, we all scream for Cowlicks Ice Cream.”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Fun place for great ice cream. Our first time there a few days ago. Lots of flavors, generous scoops, nice seating, right on Main Street, friendly service.

• Visited June 2014
Oregon Coast
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,666 helpful votes
“Ice cream good, service a bit lacking”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We love good ice cream, so of course had to try this place. We felt that the Chocolate, Vanilla and Peanut Butter were all excellent. The Cookies-n-Cream I thought was good enough, not outstanding in any way, actually not quite as good as some premium store brands.

The young ladies behind the counter did not have bubbly outgoing personalities - they were polite but that was it. I didn't realize until I read some reviews today that we could sample flavours! Certainly nobody offered any, even after I mentioned that the mushroom must be really weird. Oh well.

The building is quite 'echo-y' and with more than one or two children, would be pretty loud. It's right on Highway 1, so no tables outside. Parking is limited but we found a spot on the side street just to the north. There is no RV parking.

Would we go again? Probably, but now I know to ask for samples!

• Visited May 2014
Northern California
“The best!”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

This place is awesome!! It smells so good when you first walk in. Everything is so fresh and home made. If you dont want to look like a cow I suggest you order mini scoops as opposed to other scoops. (: A mini scoop is a normal scoop you would get at any other ice cream place. The Ice cream is amazing and so many different flavors to choose from. Always a "must stop" when in Fort Bragg!

Visited May 2014