“Not so well known”

Los Gallitos
Ranked #18 of 85 Restaurants in Fort Bragg
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A hole in the wall in a strip mall.
Branscomb calif.
“Not so well known”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

I doubt very much that this place is known or frequented by people passing through Fort Bragg. So I am writing this review so some may now find this great little place to eat, if your looking for mexican fare. It's not a fancy place, but very cozy and the painted murals wall to wall are a really nice touch. As for the food, I think it's a very good value and very good. I always order a combination plate or some sort and prices are around $10-11. It's a good size plate of food. Along with the combination you order is something you almost never find, a nice little quality salad of dark greens such as spinach, etc, with red onion, and tomato and an herb vinaigrette dressing. I completely enjoy coming here. They also serve beer. I have only one small complaint, and that is that I always want coffee with my lunch, well almost always, and you can't get it here unless you are willing to settle for instant., no thanks. But you can get hot tea, if you want that. It's not a deal breaker for me. The people who work here are young and very pleasant. Wait help is very nice. It's a place mainly frequented by locals, probably because it's in an ally and no one passing by would ever see it. If you pull into the CVS parking lot on the north end from main street, and just keep going along the side of CVS you will see a row of buildings, including a laundry mat and keep going and it will be a couple doors down. It's very much worth checking out. They are open until 10 on Saturdays, and I think 9 on weekdays. They really deserve a plug.

• Visited December 2013

“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband, 2 kids, and I eat here about twice a week. We`ve been doing this for years. I first started eating here as a teenager. Everything is great and consistent. We love the steak milanesa (thin breaded steak), fish tacos with jalapeno tartar sauce, and they have THE BEST sopes ever. Chips and salsa are super yummy, too!

• Visited November 2013
Tomball, Texas
“Great hole in the wall Mexican food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

Delicious food at good prices. Service was very good. Place is quite small--seats about 25. Homemade pork tamales quite good; terrific guacamole.

• Visited November 2013
Monterey, California
“great food & service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Great food and service as well. A locals place, crowded with a line outside on a busy day. Friendly staff, reasonably prompt service, and a very good meal. Pricesd reasonably. Definately recommend!

• Visited August 2013
Hertfordshire
“Great food and good price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stopped here for lunch on a Saturday and it was full. This is good Mexican food and generous portions. Between us we enjoyed a tostada and a wet burrito and we had a brief wait, but no complaints as we were busy with the salsa and chips and when our food arrived it was well worth waiting for as it was delicious. Next time we're in Fort Bragg we'll be back.

• Visited September 2013