“Quirky and Fun!”

Triangle Tattoo and Museum
Ranked #13 of 39 things to do in Fort Bragg
More attraction details
Owner description: Triangle Tattoo & Museum was founded in 1986 by tattooists Mr.G. and Madame Chinchilla It is one of only a few public museums in the world dedicated to the display of tattoo artifacts. Located in downtown Ft. Bragg,Ca. across from the Guest House Museum, the collection is fittingly housed in one of the town's original Victorian store fronts. Triangle Tattoo & Museum is open 7 days a week from noon till six p.m. All ages are welcome. Admission is free. School and personal tours are given upon request. Please call in advance. Besides 27 years of tattooing, Mr. G and Madame Chinchilla, are experienced in radio-television interviews and PowerPoint lectures. Both are authors, having written several feature articles for newspapers, magazines, and four books on the subject of TATTOOS. They have appeared in movies, documentaries and television dramas as tattooed characters (themselves) or tattoo scene consultants.Currently, they both tattoo on a regular schedule. Their newest book is a biography on the life and times of the legendary Capt. Don Leslie who was one of the last of the old-time "Circus Tattooed Men" and a revered "Swordswallower". The book titled "CAPTAIN DON LESLIE-MR. SIDESHOW", will is now available. Mr.G's articles and columns appear in "Skin & Ink" Magazine.
Reviewed February 27, 2013

The Triangle Tattoo and Museum is a must even if you don't want a tattoo! The owner was awesome and she has some wonderful old school tattoo flash and equipment.

1  Thank Aileen H

Reviewed February 21, 2013

AThe pictures were pretty interesting to see but the hallways were extremely cramped so no chance of two people being in the same spot more than once. The people working there weren't very friendly so that was a little put off.

Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

This museum & tattoo shop is practically exploding with pieces of the past, meticulously put together - images, art, machines, relics, books, video, and the ever-present sound of a tattoo machine buzzing away in the background. I'd go again for sure, and the wonderful people who run the place couldn't be nicer or more helpful.

2  Thank bug_sanchez
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I have no tatoos, I don't want tatoos, but this museum is really interesting. I don't know how many times we walked by the door without noticing it, but I'm glad we saw it and went up for a look. Folks up there were nice. You are free to wander around and there is a lot to see. You can even get a tatoo if you want.

2  Thank westerntravelwizard
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I made a decision to get my first ever tattoo at the age of 52 in memory of my Son. I also said that I had to go to the same place where he had gotten his first tattoo, in one of our favorite spots on earth, Ft. Bragg/Mendocino. I had made arrangements with Madame Chinchilla to have my hummingbird done. The entire experience was even better than I could have imagined. Madame Chinchilla greeted me with a rose, and she did a memory ceremony for my tattoo. She told me that we could put some ashes in it and Mr. G actually came in and opened the urn (which we had brought along on our road trip). This was an awesome place to come and visit, and I am already planning my next visit and tattoo. Well worth the money for the ambiance and history here. Best place ever!

1  Thank Lynne M