“Triangle Tattoo and Museum”

Triangle Tattoo and Museum
Ranked #13 of 40 things to do in Fort Bragg
More attraction details
Owner description: Triangle Tattoo & Museum was founded in 1986 by tattooists Mr.G. and Madame Chinchilla It is one of only a few public museums in the world dedicated to the display of tattoo artifacts. Located in downtown Ft. Bragg,Ca. across from the Guest House Museum, the collection is fittingly housed in one of the town's original Victorian store fronts. Triangle Tattoo & Museum is open 7 days a week from noon till six p.m. All ages are welcome. Admission is free. School and personal tours are given upon request. Please call in advance. Besides 27 years of tattooing, Mr. G and Madame Chinchilla, are experienced in radio-television interviews and PowerPoint lectures. Both are authors, having written several feature articles for newspapers, magazines, and four books on the subject of TATTOOS. They have appeared in movies, documentaries and television dramas as tattooed characters (themselves) or tattoo scene consultants.Currently, they both tattoo on a regular schedule. Their newest book is a biography on the life and times of the legendary Capt. Don Leslie who was one of the last of the old-time "Circus Tattooed Men" and a revered "Swordswallower". The book titled "CAPTAIN DON LESLIE-MR. SIDESHOW", will is now available. Mr.G's articles and columns appear in "Skin & Ink" Magazine.
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Staff here is very friendly. The museum has a wonderful collection of photos of unique and beautiful tattoo art. There is also excellent documentation of the history of tattoo art.

1  Thank Karen D
in 4 reviews
"techniques"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed July 13, 2012

It was facinating to see all those tatoo's and the culture behind them. The place is very small and there are no pictures allowed. This was a turn off for me. I was impressed with how many different cultures use them as rituals and how far artists have come with equipment. Also interesting to see how many documentaries have been made on the subject. I was traveling with kids and maybe it was not the best idea since some of the exhibits were a little extreme. Overall it's a free attraction to stop by since it is in the center of main street.

1  Thank esthrmend
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Thank you Mr. G. I had a tattoo from the past and wanted to add to it.

I was in Ft. Bragg for vacation and had heard about this parlor and museum.

I choose what I wanted. I was limited on funds. Mr. G gave me the tattoo I wanted for a price I could afford.

I love my little crabs! He was very friendly; this parlor is clean and has a lot to look it.

Anything you want; they can do! Any amount you want to spend; you can spend it here!

Next trip to Ft. Bragg, I will be stopping here for another tattoo!

1  Thank Lori S
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I am completely NOT into tatoos - but the exhibits in the museum are completely fascinating - pictures and tatoo implements from all over the world, and actual people getting a tatoo...

2  Thank Mia_Sh
See more reviews
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Let me just say this, I am a highly tattooed individual, and this place was a must stop, just to see what it was all about. I had seen them on a TV show documentary, and was visiting my family in Fort Bragg, so I decided to stop by. Right when you walk in up the stairs, there is art work, old sailor photos and tatto pics everywhere. They have a working tattoo shop, and many rooms filled with old tattoo guns, tattoo memorabila, books, and pictures everywhere. If you love tattoos and the history of them, or just the artwork, make sure you stop by this museum. I may even get some new ink next time I'm in town
Please note, you can not take any pictures once inside, which was kind of a bummer.

2  Thank jonnytatt