“Try the vegan desserts!”
Review of Living Light Cafe - CLOSED

Living Light Cafe
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We always stop at the Living Light Institue. The shop has lots of unusual kitchen items and books and videos about healthy eating. Raw food is their specialty, get one of the videos and try it, it is amazing. Over in the deli side, we get small tubs of anything that sounds interesting for a picnic lunch. Tried the coconut raspberry cake this time, all good for you ingredients and light and fluffy as any wheat flour cake. Scrumptious

There are newer reviews for Living Light Cafe

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I was invited to a dinner there. The starters were excellent, the soup as well, the main course was a delight and the best part was the dessert. I had tasted some of their desserts before, but was delighted and surprised with the other selections.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

And because I do, the whole concept of raw cuisine and that this was the place where new raw food chefs are spewed forth into the world to take on all those disbelievers and carnivores out there was the thing that drove me to urge my husband to drive all the way to Fort Bragg to check out the Institute and try the food at the cafe.

Well, it's quite a drive - and it's a small, flat town by the craggy coastline. The day was drab and cold so we were glad to get inside the building and immediately felt we were in an enveloping atmosphere of well being and nurturing. Unfortunately the cafe staff were unsmiling which came as a bit of a surprise. What didn't come as a surprise was that the pizza I had and the sandwich (yes, they do bread!) and salad my husband had were very good however, a garnish on the plate for the pizza wouldn't have gone astray, guys! I expected the food to be good and wasn't disappointed. We also ordered Chocolate almond milk (yum) and a raw lemon tart (extra yum).

The dining area is outside the cafe in the atrium area whereas the classes for Living Light are held upstairs. We were very pleasantly surprised to see Tom & Delores Laughlin from Billy Jack fame also dining and still looking slim and fabulous so perhaps that says something about the cuisine!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Don't know what went wrong. Food was raw and unappetizing. The items did not taste like other times I'd eaten similar things and felt "unfinished."

1  Thank Honeybun13
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Excellent raw cuisine, healthy juices and very friendly staff. The desserts seem expensive, but can easily be shared by 2 or 3 people.