“A hidden gem”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
The Hague
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I think I've never been in a restaurant I expected so little of looking from the outside, and was so impressed of when I walked out.

To get it out of the way, the restaurant looks terrible. From the outside it looks like a bad burger joint, and on the inside it isn't much better. The only reason I actually dared to walk in the restaurant was because the concierge at the motel had given it a glowing reference, and already warned me about the shady looks of the restaurant.

When I got in a was friendly greeted and I could sit anywhere I wanted. From that moment on service was quick and attentive.

I started my dinner with a Calamari appetizer, which was tasteful and fresh (not those deep-fried things they serve in lesser restaurants), only downside is that it was a bit too much for an appetizer. After that I got a rib-eye steak that was absolutely amazing. I recently went too a top-end steakhouse in New York (Sparks steakhouse) and I can honestly say that this steak was far better for a much better price! After the steak I finished with an espresso (which was pretty bad).

Concluding I would recommend this place to anyone in Fort Bragg. Don't let the appearance of the restaurant fool you. They serve quality steaks, at bargain prices!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Jaco S

bay area, ca
“Good food”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I was telling my husband about some reviews I read about this place. A lot of people commented on the decor looking tacky. When we walked in, he said he was worried I was taking him to some dive...but the place wasn't as bad as some people had described it . The place was clean, the staff was very friendly. Overall, it was a good place to for good food. My husband ordered the red snapper and I ordered the petite filet. We both ordered baked potatoes with our entrees. They serve you warm homemade wheat bread. We also shared tiramisou afterwards. Everything was cooked well and delicious. We'll definitely come back again for the friendly service and good food. The prices were right too!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank liberrygal
Schnecksville PA
“Great Place”
Reviewed March 9, 2012

Surprisingly good. We went there three times on our short trip to the North Coast. Will definitely go again.

Visited September 2011
Fort Bragg, California
“Good food”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Good food, nice atmosphere...they actually have fresh peppers! Fresh wild salmon and steak choices are excellent but I can't forget the crab omlette that was excellent too...a little pricy but worth it

Washington
“I heard breakfast was hit and miss but...”
Reviewed December 15, 2011

I don't know how they missed by this much.

I had Chicken Fried steak. The CFS itself was actually really good. The gravy? Horrible. Tasted like flour and nothing else. The country style potatoes? Dry and BLAND.

My partner had eggs and bacon. The scrambled eggs were OK but a little overdone. The bacon was so overcooked she couldn't eat it for fear of breaking a tooth. The hash browns she had were so overcooked you could pick them up and tap them on the edge of the plate without them bending much less breaking.

When we informed the waitress of the problem she was not amazed and replied, "Yeah the cook has a tendency to overcook things"

We are oh-for-two on breakfast in Fort Bragg. Does anywhere in this town actually make a decent breakfast? Would be nice before we head home.

• Visited December 2011