“Nice atmosphere”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 18, 2014

I have the fish (can't remember what kind) but it was good. We went on a Saturday and what it didn't know until we left, is that they had live music. Through out the night I heard a piano play, but I assumed it was a CD or radio. On my way out I look into the window and the man was playing the piano in the next room. My suggestion is request a seat in the room with the pianist. Enjoy good food and great music. Look forward to going back.

Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

For lunch a very generous spinach salad which we split great flavor! More than enough for 2. Another member of our party had the chicken with cartelized onions. Food was very good!

Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

This place is now called Cucina Verona Ristorante. We visited this place as it was recommended to us from our hotel staff. We managed to get in without a wait or reservation, but many people filed in after us that had to wait. So, I'd recommend reserving a table.

The staff was very friendly and attentive for the first half of our meal. As it got busy, we were forgotten and our drinks stood empty, our food needed to be boxed, and we wanted to be on our way. Eventually, another staff member came and gave us boxes.

The food was exceptional. I ordered the wild mushroom risotto which was phenomenal. My husband ordered the rock cod with penne. He enjoyed it, but not as much as I enjoyed the risotto.

The atmosphere was somewhat pretentious. For example, when we were asked to place our order for drinks, my husband asked for a coke. The waiter wrinkled up her nose, frowned, and stated, "We don't serve coke here anymore." As we soon learned, they only offered "organic cola," which would have been fine had the waiter not responded to the whole situation as if we had made some preposterous request, as if she couldn't believe we had the gall to even consider asking for something so wretched. This type of atmosphere is common in Fort Bragg in general, so I wasn't surprised, but it just isn't enjoyable for me. However, nobody was outright rude and as I said before, the staff was attentive up until we received our food and the restaurant got busy.

Overall, I gave 4 stars. They had excellent fare and while the service wasn't poor, it could have been better.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

New restaurant where V' Canto used to be. Located right in the small downtown area on Laurel Street.. Nice all wood vibe inside, our 2 waitresses were friendly and very personal...Our four dinners had the same marinara sauce on them. Tasty but quite heavy..My Eggplant Parmesan had only a few tiny pieces of actual eggplant with lots of sauce...Not the usual slices I've become accustomed to at Italian restaurants...Husbands lasagna was just OK, again loads of sauce...Our smoked salmon Caesar salad was good but not worth the $15.00 charged..The best part was the little focaccia bread on a warming stone which accompanied the whole meal..I'll try other things next time..The breakfast menu sounds promising.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

This is one of those places we keep going back to when we are out with friends and suddenly it's time to figure out where to eat. It's open for breakfast and lunch, too, but I've only gone at night. There are several entrees priced particularly reasonably, though most entrees are priced about the same as at other local restaurants. Italian seems to be the most common theme, but there is good variety on the menu. All the pasta dishes are very good, but so are the fish tacos and salads. They have a good wine list and beer selection. Live music is pretty common on the weekends. Sounds like it becomes quite lively after 9 pm too. This restaurant was formerly V'Canto's, but it is now owned by their chef. Many great improvements seem to be planned.

1  Thank Barbara R