“Imagine That”
Review of Noyo River Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort Bragg
Noyo River Lodge
Ranked #10 of 11 Fort Bragg B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 16, 2007

Imagine that you had planned a reunion for 26 friends at the Noyo River Lodge in Fort Bragg. Imagine that you had booked 15 out of 17 rooms nearly a year in advance and that you had already paid in full for the accommodations. Some friends are flying in from out-of-state to attend, and others who work weekends (nurses, social workers, etc.) have negotiated time off work -- you get the picture. Then imagine that 10 days prior to your check-in date, you receive a call from the Noyo River Lodge that only 7 of your 15 rooms will be available and no kitchen facilities, which was part of the deal. The excuse: their remodel is not yet complete. You might wonder how they did not manage to give you more than 10 days' notice??? Then imagine trying to find accommodations for 26 people in a resort town in late July in that short a time. Well, I don't have to imagine it, because it happened to me yesterday. What kind of recommendation might YOU give such an establishment? I can only imagine, but I sincerely hope it never happens to you.

Stayed: July 2007
19  Thank Lulu69

Reviewed August 12, 2006

We stayed three nights at the end of July. Our room had a soaking tub,a balcony and a view of the working harbor and ocean. The room is large, and comfy but everything is a bit worn, more like a comfortable house than hotel. The soaking tub was a treat. Breakfast is included and was a bit of a disappointment. A very basic continental breakfast with one hot entree. If the weather is good, the setting of the continental breakfast is great, outside on a deck overlooking the harbor.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank BPBFL
A TripAdvisor Member
Manteca, CA
Reviewed May 13, 2006

Their webpage gives the impression that the view you will see outside your window will be the pictures they have posted of boats docked in the harbor. I stayed in the Portside Room which is separate from the main house. The only rooms that get the view of the boats are the rooms in the back of the house. The group of rooms that included my room face the 'working harbor' which is clearly stated in the description of those rooms, but I took the pictures at face value and assumed that was the 'working harbor'. Instead of seeing the picturesque view of boats docked in the harbor, we got a view of the riverside restaurants and some other old warehouses. After the disappointment wore off, we just decided to make the best of the view and looked past the warehouses to the tiny part of the ocean in the distance that we could see from our room. The room itself was very nice, especially the huge tub. The bed was too hard for my liking, but it didn't bother my husband. The breakfast was a normal continental breakfast with an added entree which the first day was an omelet and a small piece of ham. The second day (which was Mother's Day) the entree was only one piece of french toast. It was okay, but I've stayed at much better.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 11, 2005

My girlfriend and I took a long weekend to go up to the North Coast. We stayed at the Noyo and just loved it. The room and the views were great and the staff was very freindly and accomidating. We stayed in the Sunrise Suite and loved the sitting room and the view of the harbor. My only complaint would be that breakfast was nothing special but I'm not much of a breakfast eater anyway.

• Stayed: September 2005
3  Thank Cicero70
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 16, 2005

This is a house/lodge with some bedrooms, and a separate building with big suites, about 50 yards from the lodge. Very clean; breakfasts not bad, but the decor was definitely like a cheaper motel: polyester bed cover and sofa/chair covers; no phones in the rooms and very cheap plastic ready-made shower stall. Huge tub (great for 2!) was a plus, and the suites were very large: queen bed and separate sitting area. With an upgrade to linens and decor, this could be truly nice place, but it just felt like a roadside motel once we were inside: since it was $340 for 2 nights, I'd say that's not really motel prices.....

• Stayed: July 2005
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 22, 2005

I just got back from a "girls' weekend" at the Noyo River Lodge. We were a bit skeptical at first, when we drove up and saw (smelled) the wharf; but our initial impression was fleeting, and we ended up having an enjoyable stay.

We had booked three Sunset Rooms (rooms A, B, and C) so that each of us could have our own space. It was well worth it at such reasonable rates. We were rewarded with spacious, comfortable accommodations. The carpet and uphostered furniture were a bit worn, but the rooms were scrupulously clean. From our huge soaking tubs, we were able to catch a glimpse of the ocean beyond the inlet, and the rooms all had nice sitting areas (couch, rocker and fireplace) where we could congregate as a group for a bottle of wine before retiring for the evening.

The breakfast was quite adequate, though not elaborate--scrambled eggs garnished with chives on day 1 and french toast on day 2.

All-in-all, the Noyo River Lodge is a great value for the price. You could spend twice as much for an ocean view, newer furniture, and a bigger breakfast, but why bother when the place has such charm and value?

• Stayed: May 2005
8  Thank JRZ_GYRL
Reviewed October 20, 2004

This is the first time I've written a review; but I check your website constantly before taking a trip and making a reservation. However, I felt compelled to write about The Lodge at Noyo River.

We spent 2 nights there at the beginning of October 2004. We were delighted with the location and were lucky enough to have a room overlooking the gardens. Our room was charming and comfortable, although my husband, who is tall, had trouble with the tiny shower.

Unfortunately, the breakfasts were very poor. There was a very mediocre buffet set up and the main dish of the day was very ordinary. The second day, the same croissants and chopped up coffee cake, (now stale) were served again, and the main course was some indedible dish concocted of eggs. We had to go into town and eat! Also, the owners were not particularly friendly or helpful in any way.

I am writing this because I feel The Lodge has the potential to be a little piece of heaven, but if falls short of achieving this. I do hope they can correct these problems.

7  Thank Rosita