“Nice Place for a little R&R”
Review of Noyo River Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort Bragg
Noyo River Lodge
Ranked #11 of 12 Fort Bragg B&B and Inns
San Francisco, California
“Nice Place for a little R&R”
Reviewed May 22, 2005

I just got back from a "girls' weekend" at the Noyo River Lodge. We were a bit skeptical at first, when we drove up and saw (smelled) the wharf; but our initial impression was fleeting, and we ended up having an enjoyable stay.

We had booked three Sunset Rooms (rooms A, B, and C) so that each of us could have our own space. It was well worth it at such reasonable rates. We were rewarded with spacious, comfortable accommodations. The carpet and uphostered furniture were a bit worn, but the rooms were scrupulously clean. From our huge soaking tubs, we were able to catch a glimpse of the ocean beyond the inlet, and the rooms all had nice sitting areas (couch, rocker and fireplace) where we could congregate as a group for a bottle of wine before retiring for the evening.

The breakfast was quite adequate, though not elaborate--scrambled eggs garnished with chives on day 1 and french toast on day 2.

All-in-all, the Noyo River Lodge is a great value for the price. You could spend twice as much for an ocean view, newer furniture, and a bigger breakfast, but why bother when the place has such charm and value?

• Stayed May 2005
8 Thank JRZ_GYRL

Families
Solo
Toronto, On
Reviewed October 20, 2004

This is the first time I've written a review; but I check your website constantly before taking a trip and making a reservation. However, I felt compelled to write about The Lodge at Noyo River.

We spent 2 nights there at the beginning of October 2004. We were delighted with the location and were lucky enough to have a room overlooking the gardens. Our room was charming and comfortable, although my husband, who is tall, had trouble with the tiny shower.

Unfortunately, the breakfasts were very poor. There was a very mediocre buffet set up and the main dish of the day was very ordinary. The second day, the same croissants and chopped up coffee cake, (now stale) were served again, and the main course was some indedible dish concocted of eggs. We had to go into town and eat! Also, the owners were not particularly friendly or helpful in any way.

I am writing this because I feel The Lodge has the potential to be a little piece of heaven, but if falls short of achieving this. I do hope they can correct these problems.

7 Thank Rosita
Fort Bragg, California
Reviewed August 25, 2004

We're moving up to the North Coast and have been joyfully staying at The Lodge at Noyo River. The staff is knowledgeable, the breakfasts are a treat and the rooms are eclectic as well as comfortable...especially the ones with soaking tubs! Each room we've stayed in has had fabulous views and well-thought out design. We'll be back!

• Stayed July 2004, traveled on business
5 Thank laurelk
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 18, 2003

My boyfriend and I came up to Fort Bragg for a little Romantic getaway and we stayed @ the Lodge at Noyo River. The place was absolutely beautiful and looks like a little bed and breakfast. I had booked us the Honeymoon suite overlooking the harbor. The large clean room had a huge tub for 2 and a fireplace along with a wrap around deck. The room had little skylights too. The room was a little off to the side of the house so we had our own privacy...The huge king bed was soooo comfortable. The next morning they cooked us breakfast, which was very tasty as well....scrambled eggs, bacon, croissants, and a few other goodies. The AAA rate for this suite was only $124!! The regular rate I think is $179! I got a great deal with AAA and a perfect romantic getaway....I will definately be back.

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member