“Great wait staff”
Review of Cliff House - CLOSED

Cliff House
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Since 1985 the Cliff House Restaurant of Fort Bragg has been providing tourists and locals with the finest dining experience on the coast. With breathtaking views of the entrance to Noyo Harbor and the Pacific Ocean, you can’t find a better seat.
Kansas
“Great wait staff”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

The view from this restaurant is excellent! They also run a great special from 4-6! Food was nice, nothing out of this world, but the wait staff made our meal excellent! Fun to do for at least one meal!

Visited July 2014

Riverside, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“DON'T GO HERE”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We we recently traveled to Fort Bragg and wanted to go to a restaurant with a view. When we walked in, we immediately were not impressed. It is very tired looking with worn furniture and carpet. It desperately needs updating. We were seated in a timely manner. But it took about 30 minutes for anyone to come to our table. Finally, a waiter came and ask if we wanted anything to drink. My husband ordered a beer and I ordered a soft drink. After another 45 minutes just sitting there I went to try and find a manager. I came across a man who looked like he might be the manager talking to a couple at another table. I explained that we had ordered drinks 45 minutes earlier but hadn't gotten them. He said "Let me see if I can help" then returned to talking to the other customers. After another 30 minutes went by, we gave up and decided to leave. We crossed paths with the "Manager" on the way out and I told him we still had not gotten our drinks. His response was "I put it in the system". Apparently he thought that resolved the problem without even following up to make sure, great management skills. When we started to walk out the front door I ask the woman at the hostess area if she might be the owner. I was so pleased when she answered yes. I explained what we had experienced and her response was, yes, I require all drink orders be put into the system. Her comment made it apparent to me that she had no concern for the us the customer. I can't speak for the food since we never got that far. They don't deserve to stay in business.

1 Thank Debby K
Soulsbyville, California
“Overlook the Harbor while you eat”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Nice atmosphere. This place has weathered the tests of time. Good food, decent service and prices. Their BLT is very nice. Parking can be a challenge as well as leaving the parking lot.

Visited July 2014
Petaluma, California
“Gorgeous Views-Great Food!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The Cliff House was a bright spot in our last trip to Ft. Bragg. We did not know about their early specials, but since we arrived before 6 p.m., we had great choices from an early dining menu that included a great bottle of wine and 2 entrees for just 30! We both ordered salmon since it was fresh (not farmed) and locally caught. Though the portion was likely smaller than the regular menu, it included fresh veggies and rice, and was just right! We were too full to try anything from their great sounding dessert menu. The service was perfect too! Our server, Kevin, was friendly and attentive. If you arrive after 6 p.m., they still have a great menu at reasonable prices. Make a reservation and request the ocean view...a total treat!

Stockport, United Kingdom
“Independence Day”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We were recommended by a bartender that this would be a great place to watch the fireworks that evening because the restaurant is right on the headland overlooking the beach where they have the display. We called in at lunchtime for a drink and booked a reservation. We asked if we could have a window seat overlooking the beach and the lady said it couldn't be guaranteed and that we might have to wait at the bar that evening until a table became available. When we arrived we only waited about 15 minutes before we were seated. Fantastic view over the beach. As soon as we had our starters the fireworks started. They turned down the lights and put candles on the tables, what a great display which went on for about 45 minutes. After it finished we had our main course, we all had prime rib, great choice, fantastic. We retired to the bar area after and had a cocktail whilst waiting for our taxi. Great July 4th