“A great dinner and with 37 of closest friends”
Review of Cliff House - CLOSED

Cliff House
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Since 1985 the Cliff House Restaurant of Fort Bragg has been providing tourists and locals with the finest dining experience on the coast. With breathtaking views of the entrance to Noyo Harbor and the Pacific Ocean, you can’t find a better seat.
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I would like to thank Christina for arranging for a wonderful experience for a pre-wedding dinner. The Halibut was amazing and I have had quite a few halibut dinners. I tried the steak, chicken and the pasta which were also wonderful, but the potato encrusted halibut couldn't be topped both in the preparation which was light with vegetables and the portion size. The desserts were also amazing. The mousse, lemon cake, apple crumble, and creme brulee were all passed around. The service was well executed and response to any request was immediate. It was a wonderful way to start a great weekend.

There are newer reviews for Cliff House

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I stopped after about 3 hours on the road and really fancied a breakfast, but not your typical fast food type, and fortunately I spotted The Cliff House Family restaurant as I drove past so turned around and they had just opened at 11am but serve breakfast until 2pm. The server was very good offered me fresh bread with my coffee as I waited for my breakfast which was a traditional breakfast of eggs, bacon and fried potatoes with toast and jam. It was delicious and was just what I had been looking forward to. The cost was $11 so not the cheapest, but the quality was there. Glad I stopped as the view whilst sitting eating my breakfast over looking the Pacific Ocean was awesome.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Some places would be better off not pretending to be great and the Cliffhouse is one of them. Although a very big restaurant, the place was nearly empty. With that, service was slow and unattentive. Our appetizer of Calamari, tempura style was bland and oily. The salads were sparse and my chicken was tasteless. My spouse's Salmon/Oscar was covered with lumpy breading that was supposed to be crab and his mashed potatoes came with a pool of liquid on top.
Lucky for them that the Pacific Ocean is right there; otherwise they would have nothing else to draw people in.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Service- service in the dining area i can understand when busy, servers are nice and take care of whats needed.
Food- delicious food, but not enoigh for their high prices.
Boss-everytime ive eaten there the boss has been hiding in her office, never walking around making sure the customers are satisfied in dining area until they leave, sometimes in the bar. She seems rude.
Manager-always a delight keeping an eye on things.
Bar-half price drinks always, way more choice options for food, but no view of the noyo harbor.
Overall i would say the restraunt deserves a 2to star rating and i would like the boss to be more social with customers and not hide in her office leaving employees to tend to everything and i wouls recommend serving more food for the price they charge

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We ate here in August on the recommendation of a local. Guess he doesn't get out much. He sent us there for the "fish tacos" he said were available in the bar. Calamari might be seafood, but it isn’t fish. I honestly don’t remember much about them except they were cheap, small, and took forever to get after taking even longer to order. The other employees standing around couldn’t be bothered to take an order from us folks in the bar – maybe it wasn’t their section – but we sat over 15 minutes before the guy behind the bar even acknowledged we were there and then still took another 5 minutes to take/deliver our drink order. Guess he was too busy with the other customers, the three drunk swearing, obviously overserved locals sitting at the bar and BSing with the waitress standing at the end of the bar doing nothing. Wish we had gotten up and gone somewhere else after the initial 10 minutes of waiting, which is what another couple who came in while we were waiting for our check did after seeing how long it took us to get that too and them sitting there getting no attention either.