“Fantastic views, very good food, but a bit loud and drafty” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cliff House - CLOSED

Cliff House
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Since 1985 the Cliff House Restaurant of Fort Bragg has been providing tourists and locals with the finest dining experience on the coast. With breathtaking views of the entrance to Noyo Harbor and the Pacific Ocean, you can’t find a better seat.
Cedar Falls, Iowa
“Fantastic views, very good food, but a bit loud and drafty”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

This massive restaurant offers ocean views for most all the tables given they have windows on two sides and on multiple dining levels. The food and wine choices were very good, and we were pleased with our food selections and overall quality. Unfortunately, this was a very loud dining experience given the number of people the restaurant can hold, the large groups they accommodate, the wide open space over multiple levels, and large flat window expanse. The wide difference in temperature between levels likely keeps the upper levels too warm, and the lower levels too cold, since they attempted to compensate by leaving the double front doors wide open to the very busy highway outside, which was very unpleasant, especially as we were waiting for our table. I'd recommend this place more for large groups given the noise and "bar like" atmosphere, and don't forget to dress in layers so you can adjust accordingly depending on where you are seated.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

“Scott's the man.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have pretty significant food allergies and I spent hours on the phone calling ahead to every place in Fort Bragg to ensure there would be atleast a modest meal I could enjoy one night of my birthday weekend trip. I was not expecting what I got. The woman who answered the phone at Cliff House casually handed the phone off to Scott the chef as if it was no strange incident. Scott took a break from what he was doing to via telephone "walk" me through his kitchen while I viewed the menu online. He made arrangements and plans to tweak an entrè and appetizer to accommodate me with such kindness and comfortability as if it wasn't a difficulty. I called him again when we got into town and then when we arrived he came to our table to double check the meal plan. Our waiter Ezekial was as sweet and patient and as good as they come, especially with our 19 month old toddler. The food and service and view and ambiance were all spot on. This is some goooooood food and even better people. Thank you, Cliff House. You'll see us again and meanwhile we will spread the word. Keep it up, guys. Thanks again, Scott!

decatur, tx
“Great dinning”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

We were taken to this eatery by brother: great food great attention by staff clean, if U want to go to the lowest level U must descend three sets of stairs of 4 stepps ea. When asked they do not have an elevator so anyone in need of handicap assist must dine in the upper tier. we ea had different dishes and none were sent back; of course fish and lobster crab and great steak. The wine list is enough for most all I think.

• Visited April 2013
Newport Beach, California
“SanFransisco to Fort Bragg-The hidden Jewls”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

One of the best, fine dining restaurant’s in town and a favorite is the Cliff House restaurant. With sunset views of the ocean and Noyo Harbor; by the way the movie, ‘Overboard’ was filmed in the harbor with Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn. It is a romantic place to bring your loved one. They are now open for lunch at 11am. Christine, the manager, started us off with 2 amazing appetizers: Our favorite is the ‘mini filet mignon trio’.. I ‘liked’ this on facebook and ‘tempura brie and berries’ --- you could almost make a full meal of this. I will say, there wasn’t one item, that I didn’t rate 5 star . If you want to really treat yourself and spend a little more money, you MUST try the ‘Potato Crusted Halibut’...You will never forget it! My favorite. They are also known for their ‘oysters’. Everything is also freshly made here. What a great experience at the Cliff House! I will be back to try their new lunch menu too. We watched the sunset from this restaurant and it’s the last scene I have in my mind of Fort Bragg before returning home to Orange County, Ca.

1 Thank IPAMagazine
Tallahassee
“Toast the Coast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

Good restaurant with a nice view of the Noya River/Pacific and an early bird special!! Two entrees and a bottle of wine for $30! After San Francisco it was a breath of fresh air to the wallet!! Good solid tasty food; pleasant competent staff; a great basil vinaigrette; I'd eat here again.

Visited May 2013