Review Highlights
Get in touch with coastal environment and local history for free

At the park entrance there is a whale skeleton which washed ashore several decades ago and an... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Karen D
Redwood Valley, California
What a Beautiful Stroll

Easy parking for a beautiful stroll along the ocean on a perfect boardwalk. Plenty of areas to see... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Cyncity050
Ukiah, California

All reviews tide pools board walk nice boardwalk great camping haul road whale skeleton sea lions hermit crabs on the rocks ground squirrels hiking trails whale watching marine life saw seals breathtaking views easy walk abalone
Reviewed August 27, 2018

I love this Park. I often just go to the park to walk around, however this past weekend my friend and I camped there. An annual adventure. It is hard to get a reservation, but so worth it. There are flush toilets and showers as needed. It is close to the beach. The people that camp there respect the rules. No one was too noisy and were really nice. Saturday afternoon my church sent about 25 people over for dinner. We had a nice campfire where people could roast their dinner. Everyone left before 8pm, so we did not interrupt other campers either. I love being able to watch the surf from my favorite campsite. There is a great old logging road for nice long walks or bike rides. There is also the boardwalk out to where the seals like to hang out. Great for families. Pretty pet friendly as well.

1  Thank Kathie S
Reviewed August 23, 2018

We had a blast visiting MacKerricher beach. Beautiful, peaceful and worth going again. They even had a killer whale skeleton.

Reviewed August 16, 2018

we went here for our Anniversary it was away from town which we enjoyed clean bathrooms, my only complaint was there was no fire pit on the beach we love to have a place to roast hot dogs and watch the sunset. The walk was very nice through the trees along the beach.

Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

The geology of this part of the coast is very cool. This beach has black sand and just a little north, the next one has light brown sand.
I would not recommend swimming at this beach as the shelf drops quickly, but tide pooling at low tide is very fun!
If you want to swim on this colder part of the California coast, ask the locals and get yourself a wetsuit and boogie board, because Caspar Beach is where it’s at;-)

Reviewed August 13, 2018

We go to Fort Bragg many times each year and we have stayed several places, but something always bring us back to this state park. We camped this weekend and saw whales, seals, big buck deer and so much more. Always trails to go on and it is just beautiful.

1  Thank CVDV35