“Long Walk”

MacKerricher State Park
Ranked #2 of 39 things to do in Fort Bragg
More attraction details
Owner description: MacKerricher is a great place to observe whales, and it also provides a habitat for several rare plant species.
Reviewed June 25, 2014

It's a long cold walk to the boardwalk and on to pier. We hoped to see some seals but didn't. The sunset was lovely. On the way back a skunk ran out from under the boardwalk - so beware!!!!

Reviewed June 20, 2014

We camped here with friends. They booked their favorite spot - we weren't sure why this was their fave, but it worked fine. We had two sizable tents and didn't feel at all crowded. The site was a tad shadier than I'd have preferred, but it didn't stay dark all day. We were about 150' from the bathrooms. Lots of kids riding their bikes, and it's an easy walk to the dunes and the paths that run along the beach. Handy to town for items forgotten. Well maintained, pleasant park.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

We rented bikes from the Beach Comber and rode the Coastal Trail. MacKerricher has a wonderful day use area with latrines and picnic areas. There is a boardwalk with information and wildlife. Be sure and check out the little ground squirrels that live and play there. The beach is nice and perfect for flying a kite. Pack a picnic and a kite and go have a great day! I did!

2  Thank stargazerlilly2014
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Love this park and always send friends, family & folks who stop & ask when I'm walking my dog here for the great views and the wonderful boardwalk trail. So sad that the Haul Road's going away but this will still be my go to beach/park in Ft. Bragg!

2  Thank MLFCatz
Reviewed June 17, 2014

For my first introduction to camping, this was a great place to choose. The ranger greeted me with a map, explained the process, and made suggestions. I think it was $20 for an RV spot for the night.

Peaceful, quiet, nice camping neighbors...clean bathroom / washroom facilities and a view of the coast.

It was quite cool at night, and no campfires after 8 p.m. Bring an extra blanket.

1  Thank PhotoJourney