“Awesome vacation!”
Review of Shoreline Cottages

Shoreline Cottages
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I loved staying at the cottages! Quiet and cozy! So relaxing- and the manager Kim made us feel at home! Would (and have) recommend to friends and family. The location- is great - so close to a few different beaches and the Botanical Gardens - can't wait to be going to the coast again - maybe the Skunk Train will be running this time.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Jschmid612

Reviewed June 24, 2014

My family was able to stay at Shoreline Cottages for a few days on our last spring break. The rooms were cozy and clean. Kim the manager was so helpful! She gave us so much great information. Where to jog so we could get to the ocean, the best sights to see, and some great restaurants.
We really loved the MacKerricher Tide Pools, hiking to the waterfall at Russian Gulch, and Glass Beach.
Our favorite places to eat were Piachi Pub for pizza and craft beer, Cowlicks for ice cream (the mushroom ice cream is surprisingly good) and Home Style Cafe for breakfast.
The location was great! We definitely hope to come back to Shoreline Cottages soon!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Amazing place to visit. It's quiet, the staff is friendly, and the rooms are cozy. The view of the ocean is amazing and the local organic grocery store has amazing products. Best 5 days I spent out of the house with my family. 10/10 would visit again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Adam A
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I first stayed at shorline cottages a little over a year ago and I loved my stay. the manager Kim gave me lots of info about the best sights to see and multiple restaurants I would enjoy. my room was lean and perfect for me and my family. I plan on going back in a month. what a great place

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We had such an awesome trip down the coast and this was gem along our route!
The rooms were very well priced compared to most anything else in the area!
They were very clean, comfy, and just as we had seen advertised on here! Huge plus was we could take our dog which has always been an issue on road trips!
The location is perfect! We were able to walk to the beach, the market, and to most everywhere we wanted to while we were in town.
The staff, Kim, was so incredibly helpful! She directed us on some awesome adventures (hikes, beaches, kayaking, dining, and even fishing)! We were never bored!
Great for families and weary travelers! Book in advance, I guess we got lucky they had a place for us!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at Shoreline Cottages this spring!! The Cottages were clean and inviting and the service friendly and helpful. I appreciated the manager's suggestions on fun things to see or do, especially our excursion to Glass Beach!! I look forward to returning next year and plan to extend my stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank IdahoMaude
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Plus Side:
~Very clean
~Great location. Only 6 miles away from Mendocino, yet at least $100 cheaper than any hotel there.
~Walking distance to Harvest Market (Awesome, like Whole Foods.), and to Starbucks.
~Walking distance to the Botanical Gardens, and only minutes away from MacKerricher Park, where the seals are.
~The lady at the front desk is very nice and has great restaurant recommendations
~The beds are acceptable
~Parking is right in front of your room. Makes it easy to retrieve items from the car.
~Mini fridge is convenient, and the little kitchenette is adorable.
~The bathroom is roomy and clever: lots of shelves making it easy to store all your personal products and more safely and in an organized manner.
~Grills are provided for those who wish to really cook.

Negative Side:
~A bit noisy at times, but we slept just fine overall.

Room Tip: I would stay here again for sure.