“Amazing!”
Review of Shoreline Cottages

Shoreline Cottages
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Had the best time staying here! The cottages are across from one of the most beautiful, secluded beaches I've ever been to. The weather was great so we had a picnic on the beach. Very relaxing. The staff was really friendly and gave us some great suggestions in the way of restaurants/things to do on a weekend/at night. Everything was very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank dougarchibald

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Recently stayed in the Surf Suite at Shoreline. We couldn't have been more pleased; we slept great, we napped in the sun on the private deck, we played horseshoes on the property, and most of all we relaxed. Love the location, we revisited all our favorite beaches and even found a new one less than a 5 minute walk from Shoreline. Regretfully, we did not use the hot tub or the wonderful fire pit, but it was great to know it was there! Thank you and we will be back.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank awanderernc
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We used to stay in Mendocino but thought we would try a change. I found this place on an internet search. Thanks to all the those who took the time to review the Shoreline Cottages.

Last minute decision to go this weekend. We pulled up to the property and liked what we saw immediately. The grounds are well-kept and the cottages are bright and clean on the outside. I spoke with Kim, the Manager, who was extremely helpful in answering my many questions regarding the area. Thanks for the tip on the Mendo Bistro!

The interior of the cottage was very clean and smelled clean (fresh, not antiseptic) as well. I was very pleased since you can't always be sure with a pet friendly property. Good night's sleep on a comfy bed and very little noise from Shoreline Hwy. I would suggest staying in one of the cottages further from the road if you are a VERY light sleeper. Just ask for that when you call to reserve a room. We never heard our "neighbors" in the other cottages and suites.

We took our two dogs with us and they approved of the treats they found in the room upon arrival. They also liked the "play" area at the rear of the property. Our every need was met and our every question answered by Kim in addition to being fairly priced. All that and pet friendly!

Almost forgot to mention, they have an excellent Wi-Fi signal. We will be back again.

Room Tip: Ask at the desk for dining suggestions.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tim L
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Best deal in town . Very clean .bbq area. Fire ring with fire wood and lounge chairs. Dog walk area.
Hot tub area nice let manager know what time you may use it they will have it ready.Room with kitchen three BBQs they do not pay tripadvisory web site some sort of fee so if you try to book on this site the will say no rooms for your date that's wrong they need better picture to show you just how nice they are. Clean well maintained yards ask for AAA or military midweek discount we got one really best deal in Fort Bragg !

Room Tip: #8 great area for scuba divers They have lots of area to clean suits And leave out to dry safe
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Scott W
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Took a weekend trip up to Fort Bragg a while back. First time I've ever been that far north in California, and every minute was worth it! The rooms were cozy and clean, the service and staff were great, and the location is amazing! A few minutes walk from the beach - a perfect stroll in the evenings to relax and watch the sunset. The Shoreline owners even hooked us up with a local abalone diver who took us out and taught us how to fish for the beast ourselves. For the next trip, this place is definitely on the top of my list.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Dima K
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Was planning an impromptu trip to the beach for my kids. I heard great things about fort bragg so we decided to check it out. When I called about a room the lady on the phone was extremely courteous. Once I arrived she was just as sweet in person.room was clean and comfortable.the lady at the desk was very helpful with info about sites to see (since we had never been before) she even had homemade cookies at the desk. My kids and I are already planning our next trip back

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank greghay
Reviewed January 28, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Shoreline Cottages with friends for my birthday, We fell in love with the place. Great rooms, staff was exceptional, amenities where outstanding, the proximity to the beach and botanical gardens ... everything was great! Way better than I could have ever expected.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple