I am not sure why this place is rated so well on Tripadvisor. We arrived late at night and found the room (Dog Cottage) to be hugely disappointing. The most disturbing thing was when we went to get into bed, it appeared that the sheets had not been cleaned -- or at least not cleaned very well. There were many hairs in the sheets from either the last guests or an unclean washer/dryer. The "cottage" was also extremely small. I was happy we were only there for 1 night and did not plan to do any real cooking as it is far too small. The next day, my husband worked remotely from our room and was able to observe the occupants of the neighboring "cottage" -- they were interesting to say the least. At one point he observed them smoking something (??) out of a tin can. They then left on foot/bike with bags of trash/cans/recycling. Not the kind of people you want to imagine having stayed in your room previously!! I will never go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shoreline Cottages - where coastal history meets modern comfort. This beautiful property is located on Highway 1 - between Mendocino and Fort Bragg. It is adjacent to the beach and many regional attractions, including state parks, beaches, and more! The pet-friendly rooms include cottages with full kitchens and a queen bed (2 have fireplaces) and standard rooms with 2 queen beds, and are located around a lovely park area with trees, grass, and picnic tables. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Shoreline Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shoreline Cottages Hotel Fort Bragg
- Shoreline Hotel Fort Bragg