“Nice restaurant”

Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Wohler Rd.
Reviewed October 29, 2008

Good food and service in a pretty room in the farmhouse. The ambiance was a little quiet for us and I really had a hard time selecting something from the very limited dinner menu.

There are newer reviews for Farmhouse Inn Restaurant

Reviewed January 25, 2008

This is not just my favorite restaurant, but also my families favorite, including my 11 year old son. We are regulars here and we live 2 hours away!

The Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit is to die for. Just to give you a clue how good it is, when the waiter saw us walk in he told my son they were out of Rabbit that night....and he almost starting crying.

This place is special no matter what you order. One reviewer complained about the corkage, but with the fabulous wine list that Geoff Kruth has put together, and the extremely reasonable prices on this list, why would you bring your own? Geoff is a master at finding the right match for your palate. I just hope he doesn't get snatched away by one of the bigger restaurants out there!

Please pay no attention to the poor reviews on here....I'm an extremely picky person, as is the rest of my family, and this place delivers. The setting is quiet, the service is impeccable, and the food is devine. What more could you want? Is there a way I can give them an extra star??

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 21, 2008

Yes, this place is expensive, but that's to be expected when you go to the fancier restaurants in Sonoma. It's a cute, cosy restaurant that almost feels like an old english inn. The winelist is extensive, and the service was excellent.

The food itself was good (not, wow, oh my god, it was amazing).

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed November 8, 2007

We had heard great things about this place so reserved it for a special night and were pretty disappointed. I expected it to be romantic but the ambience was nothing special. There is only wine/ beer- no cocktail service. The menu was limited, a la carte and overpriced. For vegetarians, there were no options other than a salad. We had very spotty service. The food was good but not exceptional. I had the 49$ steak and it was tough.

We had been to Cyrus in Healdsburg a few nights before and they aren't even close to comparison. We were probably spoiled there, but save your money and go to Cyrus!

Reviewed September 17, 2007

My wife and I are staying at the Farmhouse Inn and had the privilege of eating at the restaurant 2 nights ago. It was a wonderful experience from the entire time we entered the door to the end of the meal. Service was prompt, courteous and warm.

Her starter of tempura fried zucchini blossom (filled with ricotta) was both imaginative and prepared perfectly. She had their signature "rabbit, rabbit, rabbit" entree and couldn't stop marveling at the different tastes and textures of the dish. I was extremely pleased with my scallop appetizer and veal entree. The chef has a marvelous sense of balancing and matching flavors, much like instruments in an orchestra, that is pure talent. There is a reason why Gourmet magazine named this one of the top 36 restaurants in America. We are both avid cooks and eat out frequently. This was clearly one of the best, if not the best dinners we have ever had.

We feel the wine prices are also reasonable. We shared a Dehlinger Pinot Noir at $80 that I doubt is listed any less at any other restaurant, and is otherwise impossible for us to obtain. My wife was still talking about that wine and that meal two days later, and, I suspect, for a long time to come.

4  Thank hling49