“Fantastic Farmhouse”

Cross street: Wohler Rd.
Chicago, Illinois
“Fantastic Farmhouse”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The Farmhouse was the culinary highlight of our trip to Sonoma. The dining room was comfortable and not pretentious. The service was spot on! Each person from the service team made us feel very comfortable. The sommelier was not a salesman, which I greatly appreciate. We ordered two half bottles that I was not familiar with and he supported the match with the food instead of pushing something off on us.

If you like rabbit, the trio is outstanding and may be the best we ever experienced. The flavor, presentation and detail in the dish was second to none. Just when I thought I was finished I had a Carmel Heath bar gelato that I could have ate until I passed out. Simply amazing!

Thank you for a delightful experience!

• Visited September 2012

Monmouth, Illinois
“Marvelous Dining at the Farmhouse”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Located about 1/2 mile from the Raford Inn B&B, this reataurant serves some of the best food in Napa or Sonoma. They are expensive but worth every penny. Their somelier was friendly and very knowledgeable about local wines. Highly recommend it.

Visited August 2012
Allison Park
“Mostly very good food, excellent wine, but icy air conditioning”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Our experience was mixed. We both chose three course fixed price dinners with the wine pairings. The menu says two savory and one sweet, but the restaurant allows three savory, which I went for. Unfortunately, the waiter did not do a very good job of describing some of the dishes, which affected my choice of appetizers. I had a small lobster and sungold tomato salad, the best part of which was the tomato. The lobster was cold and had little taste, the tomato was delicious. I followed that with grilled mediterranean octopus that was very good. My enjoyment of the appetizers was overshadowed by the blast of cold air blowing up my back from a floor register. I was cold even with a relatively heavy long-sleeved shirt. An adjustment of the thermostat did not help much. Eventually a member of staff covered the offending register with a wine list, which solved the problem and allowed me to enjoy the rest of my meal. I chose the restaurant's signature rabbit dish as my main course and it was excellent, easily the best rabbit that I have ever tasted. My wife began with the grilled langoustines and said that they were superb. She then had the pan roasted duck breast that was supposed to be medium rare, but was quite rare. She liked it (and I was allowed a taste), but both of us felt that it would have been better truly medium rare. The accompanying mushroom, spinach and herb spaetzle and the coulis were outstanding. She chose the Valhrona chocolate souffle for dessert and found it to be excellent. I was offered a small taste and heartily agree. The wines in the pairings for those dishes were excellent and the sommelier did a fine job of describing them and their origins. Perhaps we set our sights too high, but we expected a restaurant with a Michelin star to have food that was more consistently excellent and to provide a better level of comfort.

Melbourne, Florida
“A culinary wonderland!”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Dinner here was fabulous! Thinking about it makes my mouth water! We had a group of seven, so we pretty much covered everything being served. I tasted everyone's dishes and they were all incredible! We opted for the wine pairing with the meal and were more than satisfied. The sommelier's choices perfect and spot on for each of us! Very impressive place. A foodie's playground!!

Visited August 2012
Guerneville, California
“Hard to get in!”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

This place is great but its really hard to get a reservation. My suggestion would be to make a reservation at least 2 -3 months in advanced!! love this place!