Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
SUP 101 Basic Learning

Great experience. I was uncertain about taking on this activity but game to try. The instructor... read more

Reviewed June 12, 2018
Pengdahua
Sebastopol, California
Awesome experience!

Super fun for my first time! They served us sandwiches, watermelon and cookies for dessert! At the... read more

Reviewed August 5, 2017
wchan1289
Alameda, California

All reviews watermelon cookies russian river the river john instructor paddle business
Reviewed June 22, 2016

A group of my friends and I have done a few different SUP trips with Bill and crew at both Russian River and Tomales Bay. We had a great time, every time! Bill really takes the time to teach you the ropes of SUP'ing and how to navigate different areas of the river. Learned a lot all while having a blast. I highly recommend booking with Rubicon.

Date of experience: June 2016
2  Thank katieh20162016
rubicon, Owner at Rubicon Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2016

Thanks for the kind words Katie, it is always fun paddling with you all!

Reviewed September 29, 2015 via mobile

We had a good and privet time. It's September but not that hot. The river is quite, clean and shallow, prefect for someone like me who can not swim but also can enjoy the water activity. John is a very good guide with passion and patient. We love the time with him and nature.

Date of experience: September 2015
1  Thank Tiff L
rubicon, Owner at Rubicon Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2016

Thanks for you kind word Tiff, I will let John know. Hope to see you again soon. Bill

Reviewed July 24, 2015

Both Bill and John were incredibly accommodating, friendly and helpful. We didn't plan ahead, and called on a Monday morning when they were just about to send out their trip for the day. We got a call back from John within 30 minutes, and he arranged to meet us at our convenience. It just so happened that Bill was returning from his trip just as we were heading out, so he joined us as well. They were both a lot of fun, and we felt quite confident on our boards after the great instructions they gave and just a little practice. They were also great with our two boys. Everyone had a fabulous time and we'll definitely go see them again.

Date of experience: July 2015
rubicon, Owner at Rubicon Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2015

Thanks for your great review Deborah. That certainly was a crazy but fun day. I am really glad we could accommodate you and your family.

Reviewed July 16, 2015

Rubicon offers many adventures for those whom want to be on the WATER! However, my recommendation is the the SUP Yoga class on the Russian River. They make it SO easy-you just "show up" and everything is ready for you! The highlight is paddling on the river until the "desired location" is decided upon. En route you pass ducks, turtles, grey/blue herons, once anchor dropped, Arline leads the "class" through a 60+yoga session-I can no longer do yoga in the studio as the board is my mat and nature/water is my studio. It is the BEST-TRY IT!

1  Thank Christine P
rubicon, Owner at Rubicon Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2015

Thanks for the great review Christine, Every once in a while I get to take Arlines class. I enjoy yoga but SUP yoga adds more challenge and a better \\u0022core\\u0022 workout. .

Reviewed July 16, 2015

I have been stand up paddle boarding for three years. Last summer I started taking yoga classes on the Russian River, on the paddle board. The teacher Arline is wonderful. The scenery can't be beat. River otters, turtles, fish, ducks, herons and eagles can be seen. It is a magical experience. I am hooked. You should definately try it!

Date of experience: July 2015
rubicon, Owner at Rubicon Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2015

Hi Karen, thanks for your great review, I will pass it on to Arline. I really could not think of a nicer venue for yoga.\\u000d