“The Highlight of Our Summer!”
Review of Rubicon Adventures

Rubicon Adventures
Ranked #4 of 12 things to do in Forestville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Stand Up Paddleboard Sonoma County, Whitewater Rafting Northern California. Multi-sport and Adventure Travel. Rubicon Adventures believes in direct passenger participation in the river adventure. River trips are a great fun way to access wilderness and to teach and challenge you with a new experience. Anyone in reasonably good physical condition will enjoy a whitewater voyage. There is very little "hard" work, especially when many hands are involved. We offer whitewater rafting trips on the Trinity River, Eel River and Cache Creek.New :Stand Up Paddle Board (SUP)trips on the Russian River. Introduction: Paddle Board 101. We spend 1/2 day learning about paddle board, skill development, strokes, turns, safety and rescue. and a 2 hour paddle on the verdant waters near Wohler Bridge on the Russian River. Our instructors are ACA trained, WSUPA and PSUPA certified and expert SUP paddlers/surfers.New for 2018: Muli-Sport Adventures in Belize including Sea Kayaking, SUP and Diving.
Reviewed August 3, 2016

My wife and I and our two kids (10 & 12), did the SUP 101 Wohler Bridge Tour and it was absolutely incredible! Bill was a great instructor that got everyone up and paddling in no time. That part of the river is so beautiful and undeveloped that you really felt connected to the nature gliding on the water. Everyone can't wait to do it again. Highly recommend it!

1  Thank Matt S
rubicon, Owner at Rubicon Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2017

thanks for your great review Matt, hope to see you all soon!! Bill

Reviewed June 22, 2016

A group of my friends and I have done a few different SUP trips with Bill and crew at both Russian River and Tomales Bay. We had a great time, every time! Bill really takes the time to teach you the ropes of SUP'ing and how to navigate different areas of the river. Learned a lot all while having a blast. I highly recommend booking with Rubicon.

2  Thank katieh20162016
rubicon, Owner at Rubicon Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2016

Thanks for the kind words Katie, it is always fun paddling with you all!

Reviewed September 29, 2015 via mobile

We had a good and privet time. It's September but not that hot. The river is quite, clean and shallow, prefect for someone like me who can not swim but also can enjoy the water activity. John is a very good guide with passion and patient. We love the time with him and nature.

1  Thank Tiff L
rubicon, Owner at Rubicon Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2016

Thanks for you kind word Tiff, I will let John know. Hope to see you again soon. Bill

Reviewed July 24, 2015

Both Bill and John were incredibly accommodating, friendly and helpful. We didn't plan ahead, and called on a Monday morning when they were just about to send out their trip for the day. We got a call back from John within 30 minutes, and he arranged to meet us at our convenience. It just so happened that Bill was returning from his trip just as we were heading out, so he joined us as well. They were both a lot of fun, and we felt quite confident on our boards after the great instructions they gave and just a little practice. They were also great with our two boys. Everyone had a fabulous time and we'll definitely go see them again.

rubicon, Owner at Rubicon Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2015

Thanks for your great review Deborah. That certainly was a crazy but fun day. I am really glad we could accommodate you and your family.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 16, 2015

Rubicon offers many adventures for those whom want to be on the WATER! However, my recommendation is the the SUP Yoga class on the Russian River. They make it SO easy-you just "show up" and everything is ready for you! The highlight is paddling on the river until the "desired location" is decided upon. En route you pass ducks, turtles, grey/blue herons, once anchor dropped, Arline leads the "class" through a 60+yoga session-I can no longer do yoga in the studio as the board is my mat and nature/water is my studio. It is the BEST-TRY IT!

1  Thank Christine P
rubicon, Owner at Rubicon Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2015

Thanks for the great review Christine, Every once in a while I get to take Arlines class. I enjoy yoga but SUP yoga adds more challenge and a better \\u0022core\\u0022 workout. .