My husband and I celebrated our 10th anniversary at the Farmhouse Inn and Restaurant. We were going to visit on the weekend- but decided to take advantage of one of their mid-week specials and stay an extra day. (check the website, they’re offering some great winter packages and discounts). We arrived on a Tuesday and left on Friday. We wanted to dine in the restaurant on Tuesday, which was our anniversary, but they were closed. So we dined on Thursday instead. But, they told us they’re opening on Monday nights starting in January. Anyway… we stayed in one of the mid sized rooms and it was amazing. Totally luxurious and cozy. The inn is decorated for Christmas and it is so warm and inviting without being at all commercial- we loved it! Our room had a fireplace, sauna and jetted tub. We used them all and just snuggled in the room. The bed was so comfortable, with down bedding and an awesome mattress and feather bed. Breakfasts are huge and wonderfully seasonal- one day we had crepes with spiced apples and another day they made a fabulous smoked salmon frittata. Scones are served every day and they’re to die for! Helena, the concierge was tremendously helpful. We did follow her suggestion and visit a bunch of the local wineries- we loved the wines at Martinelli! We also dined at Zazu on Wednesday for Pinot and Pizza. It wasn’t cheap, but it was casual and really good. Our dinner at the Farmhouse was the best and most romantic we’ve ever had. They’ve recently been voted best restaurant in Sonoma County by Zagat- and we can see why. The dining room is amazing. Totally charming and old-world, but the service is better than what we’ve had in major cities. The food is fresh and beautifully prepared and the flavors are out of this world! We had a butternut squash soup that blew our minds- who knew it could be so good? And the rabbit dish is worthy of its reputation. My husband – who loves rabbit- said he’s never had any that was nearly as good.
While we were there, we booked for our anniversary next year. The rates are going up this summer- they said they’re doing a small upgrade to the rooms- but they honored the current rates since we booked now!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Very intimate and romantic boutique hotel in heart of Sonoma Napa Wine Country. Michelin starred restaurant and spa on site. A total of twenty-five cottages, rooms and suites dot our 6 acre property. Recently renovated and redecorated, each individual space offers a mix of historical whimsy, classic elegance and luxurious sophistication. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant Hotel Forestville
- Farmhouse Inn And Restaurant
- Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant Forestville, CA - Sonoma County