My husband and I celebrated our 10th anniversary at the Farmhouse Inn and Restaurant. We were going to visit on the weekend- but decided to take advantage of one of their mid-week specials and stay an extra day. (check the website, they’re offering some great winter packages and discounts). We arrived on a Tuesday and left on Friday. We wanted to dine in the restaurant on Tuesday, which was our anniversary, but they were closed. So we dined on Thursday instead. But, they told us they’re opening on Monday nights starting in January. Anyway… we stayed in one of the mid sized rooms and it was amazing. Totally luxurious and cozy. The inn is decorated for Christmas and it is so warm and inviting without being at all commercial- we loved it! Our room had a fireplace, sauna and jetted tub. We used them all and just snuggled in the room. The bed was so comfortable, with down bedding and an awesome mattress and feather bed. Breakfasts are huge and wonderfully seasonal- one day we had crepes with spiced apples and another day they made a fabulous smoked salmon frittata. Scones are served every day and they’re to die for! Helena, the concierge was tremendously helpful. We did follow her suggestion and visit a bunch of the local wineries- we loved the wines at Martinelli! We also dined at Zazu on Wednesday for Pinot and Pizza. It wasn’t cheap, but it was casual and really good. Our dinner at the Farmhouse was the best and most romantic we’ve ever had. They’ve recently been voted best restaurant in Sonoma County by Zagat- and we can see why. The dining room is amazing. Totally charming and old-world, but the service is better than what we’ve had in major cities. The food is fresh and beautifully prepared and the flavors are out of this world! We had a butternut squash soup that blew our minds- who knew it could be so good? And the rabbit dish is worthy of its reputation. My husband – who loves rabbit- said he’s never had any that was nearly as good.
While we were there, we booked for our anniversary next year. The rates are going up this summer- they said they’re doing a small upgrade to the rooms- but they honored the current rates since we booked now!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Russian River Valley of Sonoma, the Farmhouse experience is an authentic wine country haven of stylish comfort, hand crafted amenities, and attention to every detail. We are surrounded by world class wineries and 100's of acres of vineyards. Our unique West County locations offers an incredible wine country experience with the added benefits of the majestic redwood forest and the breathtaking Sonoma Coast all within miles of the resort. With only 25 rooms we pride ourselves on the Inn’s intimacy and privacy, creating a feeling of visiting a private estate. Once at the resort you can enjoy our 11 year awarded Michelin-starred restaurant featuring the best of Sonoma dining and surrender to our Farm-to-Table Spa with customized, hand crafted rituals using ingredients from our fruit, flower and herb gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Farmhouse Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Farmhouse Inn And Restaurant
- Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant Hotel Forestville
- Farmhouse Inn Forestville, CA - Sonoma County