My wife and I have just returned from our honeymoon which included three luxurious nights at the Farmhouse Inn. We can't say enough good things about the rooms, the management, and the wonderful breakfasts.
First, the rooms...We stayed in room 4 for two nights and room 5 for the third night. Even room 5, the smallest in the Inn, felt luxurious in spite of its size. Others may object to the size of the room, but for us, it was wonderful. The fireplace in room 4 was great, and WHEN we return, we'll surely opt for a room with a fireplace. The decor and appointments in the rooms are elegant and simple and eschew the all too abundant Victorian/Laura Ashley decor of many B&B's. The in room sauna (which I believe is in every room at the Inn) is a wonderful touch. Also, the beds were extremely comfortable - I was a bit skeptical when we first got there because the bed's seemed a bit soft for my taste, but we woke up very well rested and comfortable every morning.
Next, the breakfast...A wonderful way to start the day. Every morning we started with a bowl of fresh fruit and a delightfully light ginger scone. Two of the mornings we had french toast with fresh berries which was divine, and the third morning we had a frittata. The food was spectacular, and we promised ourselves that on our next trip we must have dinner at the restaurant.
The staff...The brother and sister that I believe are the owners are spectacular hosts. They were very professional, offered us great recommendations, and made us feel very comfortable and at home. We switched from room 4 to 5 for our last night because 5 was the only room available that night. Our bags and belongings were moved into the room for us with no effort on our part, and the entire process was so simple and professional.
Last, the location...This was our first trip to wine country, and we spent a decent amount of time in Napa Valley. However, rest assured that when we come back, we fully intend to stay at the Farmhouse Inn and spend most (if not all) of our time at the wineries in and around the Russian River Valley. These smaller vineyards are beautiful, their wines are interesting, and the people we interacted with were much more personable than their counterparts in the large vineyards in Napa. We can't wait to go back and spend more time in the Russian River and Dry Creek Valleys.
To sum it up, if you want a personal and intimate experience, stay in the Russian River Valley and stay at the Farmhouse Inn - you won't easily find the quality of amenities for their prices. It was the perfect place for our honeymoon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Russian River Valley of Sonoma, the Farmhouse experience is an authentic wine country haven of stylish comfort, hand crafted amenities, and attention to every detail. We are surrounded by world class wineries and 100's of acres of vineyards. Our unique West County locations offers an incredible wine country experience with the added benefits of the majestic redwood forest and the breathtaking Sonoma Coast all within miles of the resort. With only 25 rooms we pride ourselves on the Inn’s intimacy and privacy, creating a feeling of visiting a private estate. Once at the resort you can enjoy our 11 year awarded Michelin-starred restaurant featuring the best of Sonoma dining and surrender to our Farm-to-Table Spa with customized, hand crafted rituals using ingredients from our fruit, flower and herb gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Preferred Hotels, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Farmhouse Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Farmhouse Inn And Restaurant
- Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant Hotel Forestville
- Farmhouse Inn Forestville, CA - Sonoma County