“Memorable experience” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7871 River Road, Forestville, CA 95436   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Forestville
“Memorable experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in room 11 - one of the big rooms in the addition on the back of the property. Loved the quaint decorations, the outdoor fireplace, the big room. We also enjoyed a couples massage that was okay, not the best but still glad we did it. We would try something else next time we go to Sonoma, but would recommend frm house to others.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Polish first
New England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

My husband and I recently celebrated our 20th anniversary at the Farmhouse Inn. What a treat! It wasn't just the beautiful grounds, buildings, and luxurious accommodations that made the Farmhouse top notch (our room in The Barn was outstanding), it was the service of the staff and their little touches that made it so special...like the glasses of wine that we were offered while we were checking in, and the special anniversary cupcakes that were left on our beside table...the fantastic service from the wait staff and sommelier, who spent quite a bit of time with us recommending local vineyards to visit, and the personalized anniversary menu that we were handed as we were seated. We would rate our dinner the best of our entire trip, and the finest dinner and wine pairing that we have had in recent memory! I am not usually a breakfast eater, but the gourmet breakfast was a feast for the eyes in an artistic way, and delicious. We are feeling very gratified with our splurge. It was well worth it! Thank you Farmhouse Inn!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ctartist
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Upon arrival, I was charmed and thrilled to be staying at the Farmhouse Inn. First impressions are very good. Beautiful property, lovely pool, promising restaurant. Things started off a little shaky during check in. When we arrived there was no one in the reception to check us in for a good 10 minutes. However, once things got rolling and we were checked in, I was excited to be staying at the Farmhouse.
We stayed in a Barn Luxury Room, on the first floor of the "Barn" building, in the back of the property. Upon arrival into our room, I was pleased to discover all the rooms features: The steam shower, heated floors in the bathroom, a lovely amenity "box" full of items from the inn, to keep for yourself. However, the room was sparsely decorated in my opinion, a little bare and minimal for my taste, especially at the rate we were paying. The carpet had small stains here and there. Also, when we arrived to our room, there was a fowl smell, wafting threw the open passageway to our room. It was the smell of their septic system is all I could guess, it was a very heavy stench of sewage. It was so bad, we had to keep our windows and doors closed to our room, as to not let the smell completely fill our room. Which was too bad, because the weather was nice enough to leave our windows open. We also couldn't enjoy the outdoor patio because of the smell of sewage, it was just too much.
If you like kitties, the property has a couple for you to love. I have a couple cats, so it was nice to have a couple to love on during our stay. The pool was heated, and clean, and lovely. The property was over all charming, with the exception of the terrible sewage smell.
The restaurant was pretty good, especially for breakfast. Great service. Delicious food. One note: The inn does not have an espresso "program" if you like espresso, cappuccino, mocha's or lattes. During our stay, none were available to us. Strange I think, especially at the rate we were paying, and for the accolades the restaurant has received. Seems rather ordinary, for an Inn held at such regard, to have an espresso machine.
Dinner service was top notch and professional. Dinner itself was tasty, but I found most of the dishes a bit under par, for a Michelin rated restaurant. I applaud the effort. The delivery was just a bit lacking.
Over all I found my stay to be a bit average. The smell of sewage was just so overpowering, we couldn't completely enjoy the property, or our room/patio. And frankly, in relation to other high end establishments I have stayed at, charging similar rates, I simply can not find a way to justify the rates they charge, with the lacking of services offered.
I would recommend going to the Farmhouse Inn for dinner, if you are in the area, but perhaps, skip the "Inn" part of it.

Room Tip: The property has a bad smell of sewage, so I am not sure which room I would try next. Some are very...
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Jeremiah C
csb0214, Owner at Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
(Note: You'll see the same response, from me, on the very negative review from September 12th. I'm not sure why that guest's partner decided to post this, but I think the same response is appropriate, since it's basically the same review. )
I, and my whole staff are just shocked by this review. None of us had any idea this guest was at all displeased. This review is too complicated for me to take it apart bit by bit. But, please, if you come to visit, and I hope you will come, tell us if something is wrong. Give us the chance to fix it while you're on property. Please don't go away upset and then write a bad review of us. It's unfair to us- but more importantly it's unfair to you. It's your vacation and you deserve for it to be perfect. We can't guarantee that nothing will ever to wrong. But we can guarantee that if you give us the chance, we'll make it right. Read our other reviews. We really do care, and we absolutely value the time you choose to spend with us.
Catherine
Temecula, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

My husband arranged a milestone birthday getaway for us at the phenomenal Farmhouse Inn. The wine pairing dinner was absolutely perfect and ever so memorable. The personalized menue for my birthday, the attentive and friendly/approachable staff were wondefuful. Jana, the gardener, Teresa at the guest services desk were ever so friendly and genuinely wanted us to LOVE our time at the Inn. The handmade soaps and the evering smores are exceptional touches you find nowhere else. I can't wait to visit the Farmhouse Inn again!

Room Tip: We loved Cottage #8
Green Features: The gardens are absolutely gorgeous - hats off to JANA!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jersey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We found the service in this hotel fantastic. Every time we asked where we should go etc the suggestions were exactly what we were looking for and all booked for us.
The room was nice - we started in one of the cottages. There was a big comfortable bed, fireplace, sofa area, even a sauna.
Little touches made it special, s'more ingredients and cookies each night, honey scrub and soaps in reception for you to help yourself to.
Only comment was the towels could have been bigger and fluffier, I found them harsh and the biggest was a lot smaller than I'm used to. And the pool was way too cold to go in. These are not things that would stop me saying this was an excellent hotel.

LA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

The restaurant was great and the staff throughout the restaurant and Inn were great. The suite room we had was not special, very bare on the patio, forgot our smores the first night and the turn down service and room just wasn't great. we also pointed out the septic tank stunk really bad right behind our room and asked to have the owner call us, but we never heard back. the staff asked me to take his card and call him. right.

inn mediocre, particularly for the price. staff great. restaurant great.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank TravellingVLa
csb0214, Owner at Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
I'm so sorry to read this review. This is the second Trip Advisor review this guest has posted. The first one was pulled because it was slanderous. This guest wanted us to waive a three night minimum for them. It was high season, on a weekend and they booked it ages ago. They threatened to slander us if we didn't give them the third night free. And we don't bend our rules over threats of slander. So, he posted this. I'm really, really sorry he was unhappy. And I'm really sorry that he felt the need to post this. But mostly, I'm sorry because this was his vacation and rather than enjoying it, he spent his energy angry over a policy that he agreed to when he booked the reservation.
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

My husband and I spent 3 nights at the Farmhouse Inn. We stayed in one of the rooms in the new "barn" building. It was spacious with a huge luxurious bathroom that had heated floors and all the amenities. The complimentary soap and bath salts were put to good use. There was a nice patio but we didn't use it as the weather was a bit rainy. I do think the room was close to their water/septic pond with a slight waft of the smell when outside. We at at the restaurant for dinner and had a wonderful special meal. The breakfasts were almost equally as wonderful and the scone we had will not be long remembered.

• 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forestville
Vintners Inn
H2 Hotel
H2 Hotel
#2 of 9 in Healdsburg
4.5 of 5 stars 412 reviews

Been to Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!