“Simple elegance”

Farmhouse Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Forestville
“Simple elegance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

You must stay here to experience the true level of hospitality that the inn embraces their guests in. The surreal ambiance is matched by only a few destinations...I commend the staff from the gardeners to the servers to the housekeepers to the front desk. They live by the old adage of a guest is not an interruption of your work but is your work...I will be back, and that is a promise... Thank you

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Polish first
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

During my honeymoon, I stayed at the inn for two nights and also ate dinner there on a Monday night.

Let's first talk about the food. The dinner we had here was hands down one of the most incredible meals I've had in my life. The service was impeccable and upscale, but also unpretentious and friendly. We went for the four-course meal, and everything we ate was excellent, from the curried steelhead amuse-bouche to the entrees and desserts. I would especially recommend the Dungeness crab starter, the buratta/heirloom tomato salad and the duck entree - all mindblowingly good and with really unique presentation and flavors.

I would also recommend when dining as a couple to order one dessert and one cheese course in lieu of a second dessert, so you can share both. The cheeses were all excellent and worth the piddly $5 supplement. The sommelier that night was a woman who was incredibly friendly an helpful with finding something suited to our meal, our tastes, and our budget. We ended up going with two French half-bottles which paired perfectly with our meal. The portions for all the courses were quite generous, and we were stuffed when we left - I think the three-course dinner would also make for a satisfying meal.

If you stay at the inn, breakfast is included, and the breakfasts did also not disappoint. They serve until 10:30 AM, which is great if you want to sleep in, and the coffee is incredibly good. The two-course breakfasts are different each day and are made with amazingly fresh ingredients.

I also loved staying at the inn in a luxury barn room, though I don't know that it lived up to the level of the food or the $795 a night price tag. It's very nice, but not $800 a night nice. I know it's Sonoma, but for that price, and with it being our honeymoon, I would have loved to receive a bottle of wine or at least some sort of acknowledgement other than the word "congratulations" printed on our bill.

The Jacuzzi tub in the bathroom was heavenly, as were the complimentary bath soaps and salts and body scrubs. I would definitely come back here for the food, but would probably try somewhere new to stay next time.

Room Tip: The barn rooms are gorgeous, with a private deck and jacuzzi. See if you can get a deal on a travel...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Emily K
houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Farmhouse recently and were amazed at the customer service and accommodations. The staff was exceedingly gracious and even went so far as to help me when my car battery died. The food was second to none and as fresh as it comes. We highly recommend a stay and dinner even if your not close.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank slater2172
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have pretty high standards when it comes to what defines "excellence," but I have no problem rating this property at the top of the list. The entire experience was top-notch -- the people, the accommodations, the food... I love being able to enjoy luxury without snobbery. My only regret is that I didn't save more time in my schedule to just enjoy the property. Next time! And there will definitely be a next time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AZSterling
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

For our second stay at The Farmhouse Inn, we upgraded from a cozy Cottage room to a room in the Barn. OMG! Upscale and luxurious accommodations and they thought of everything. The room had a steam shower and a separate jetted tub, separate enclosed toilet and a two sided gas fireplace (in bedroom and on private outdoor deck). From the warm welcome at check-in, local restaurant recommendations, to the wine tasting in the Spa, to our nightly turndown service with freshly baked cookies and fixings for s'mores, to the daily gourmet breakfasts in the Farmhouse Restaurant, to the fantastic massage in the Spa - we have recommended The Farmhouse Inn to family and friends. It is pricey, but we think it is worth the splurge. We are already planning our third visit to coincide with the grape harvest season in a couple of years.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Barbara W
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Farmhouse Inn is the best place that we have stayed at outside of Europe. It is just like being in Europe - incredible accomodations, restaurant and staff. We ate at the Farmhouse Inn on one evening and had a perfect meal. Kevin provided us with amazing wine pairings. Every thing about the Farmhouse Inn is perfect.

Room Tip: Anna provide a perfect itinerary each day. The new Italian restaurant in Forestville is amazing.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Vallejo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

We went to dinner there on the weekend and had a great time. The service was outstanding! The food was soo good. The overall experence was so much fun. We had our puppy in the car and the server was so nice and went out there to check on him.

We were so glad to see a nice restaurant in Forestville. Next time were in the area we will be dining at the Farmhouse. The rooms looked nice and we would love to do a spa package. Hope to see you soon! Thanks!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forestville
Vintners Inn
Bodega Bay Lodge
Bodega Bay Lodge
#1 of 5 in Bodega Bay
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,098 reviews

Been to Farmhouse Inn? Share your experiences!