Farmhouse Inn
$189
$163
  • Pool
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $194/night.

$205
$175
Hampton.com
Fairfield Inn & Suites Santa Rosa Sebastopol(Sebastopol)(Great Value!)
$149
TripAdvisor
Vintners Inn(Santa Rosa)
$265
$172
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $255/night.

$150
All reviewssteam showerrabbitbath saltsrussian river valleywine countryheated floorsfire pitwine pairingcookiesmichelin star restaurantbath barconcierge staffgraham crackersindoor outdoor fireplaceroad noisebarn roomsturn down service
Reviewed January 26, 2013

The Inn is an old farmhouse, tastefully redone, with rooms in cottages, the barn and the house. Home to a one star Michelin restaurant, one gets to stay in luxury and eat excellent breakfasts and dinners. Two cats, Charlotte and Jasper, provide amusement on the property. Located right in the heart of Sonoma wine country (think Pinot Noir in particular), the Inn is just a few miles away from world class wineries such as William Selyem and Rochioli. We liked the cottages best--small but cozy with fireplaces and in room saunas--at half the price of the big resorts. The spa is excellent, although they lack an exercise room and a lounge/bar for just hanging around. The concierges are very friendly and can get you into other top restaurants and wineries for private tours.

Room Tip: cottage 8 is neat....
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stayed a night in the barn recently. the quality of the room and furnishings was impeccable... and the hotel overall is cute, homely and welcoming. Very friendly and helpful staff.

Dinner at the restaurant is a must, and was a real highlight of our stay.

We upgraded ourselves from a standard room and were so glad we did... they are right next to the road and might be a bit noisy, where the barn rooms are about 2 x the size of the others and set well back. Only draw back is that it rained very heavily, so even though we had umbrellas we got thoroughly soaked walking to dinner and breakfast and our car. Not a big issue but a few covered spots, better drainage on driveway, and an awning over the restaurant doorway would help!

Room Tip: Stay in the Barn for sure!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sydneyslicer
Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed in a Barn Room for 2 nights and it was fantastic! Everything was spot on....from the indoor/outdoor fireplace to the beautiful furnishings.

We (7 of us in our group) were greeted with smiles from the friendly staff. They opened a bottle of wine for us to have while waiting for them to get us all situated in our rooms. We were shown to our rooms with explanations of everything in the room.

One of my favorite things was the TUB. I am a bath gal and I loved the tub. It was deep enough and long enough to have a nice, long, leisurely soak. I opened the window by the tub to speak with my husband who was enjoying the outside portion of the fireplace relaxing on the patio. Both with a glass of wine in our hands! The complimentary Bath Salts and Soaps were heaven too.

Speaking of heaven, the bed felt like we were sleeping on a cloud. Fluffy, perfect and oh, so comfortable.

My husband absolutely loved the heated floors in the bathroom. It was an added touch that makes this place so comfortable & cozy.

Hmmmm.... comfortable, I am starting to see a pattern here.

One of the evenings, we all (us & our friends who also stayed there) hung out by the fire pit and drank wine, made the s'mores and relaxed even more. The other evening we ate at the restaurant. The food was very good and the wine pairings were spot on too!

Ask for Zoe if you have a massage. She has calming hands.

We did the wine tours, wine pairings with food and had a great time knowing we were coming back to the Farmhouse to end the day!

Our friends treated us to a week in Sonoma, San Francisco and Napa, so I can't say whether it was 'worth the price' or not. All I can say is that It was the best place we stayed on our trip - in fact, one of the best places we have ever stayed.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Everything was perfect. Done. End of Review. I can elaborate a bit if you want.

Ivy League, woman of taste, hard to impress, foodie-who-lives-for-hard-to-reserve-sf-restaurants girlfriend loved it. Done. Success. End of Review.

I DO expect to spend over $200 (without a dinner and desert wine) at a restaurant of this quality. I ALWAYS cringe when I spend $500/night on a room, but if you enjoyed your room like I did for two nights, it all makes sense somehow. And I didn't need to break out any tinfoil to crumple to keep myself entertained. Farmhouse participates in the occasional deal, slashing prices if you keep your eyes peeled. They also have deals mid-week. It's not going to be an inexpensive stay even with a deal, but I challenge you to explain the value proposition of the alternatives. I stayed in the cold months. Makes you want to stay indoors, so if your room is like mine (Yep, number 9, the one everyone likes....Farmhouse, you have a problem, everybody wants number 9!!), you WON'T want to leave the building. You will just go down stairs for breakfast and go back upstairs to be in the room. Then at dinner time you will go down stairs and stay a bit longer and then go back upstairs. Coming down the stairs and seeing the bustling kitchen staff makes me feel like I was raised in a farm house with very organized and professional parents who were chefs and inn keepers. I got sentimental about my upbringing which I started to imagine myself as having had.

The stereo system was the best I've heard in a while, so watching a movie from downstairs was delightful!

The room-sized tub created by some exquisite architect, complete with a ceiling spout was perfect for the seemingly endless tantric embraces we were compelled to have. Something about dinner being prepared below us by Michelin sanctified people was exciting. The back of our enormous super-high-threadcount-sheet covered four post bed was a sliding barn type mini-door that slid open for some polished stones in an egg crate which led into the bath/pool. I don't know about you, but laying in bed with highlight lighting gazing in at a lover bathing is something otherworldly.

I ate every homemade, soft, warm, chocolaty chocolate chip cookie that was left for me each night. I ate the snacks in the cedar treat box. I blazed the fire and read a book. I stood on the bathroom floor and heated my feet just because the hot tile felt good on my feet. I stared at the large porcelain sink and knobs because it was worthy of a photograph by a camera and a photographer better than I am.

I met the owner, she was busy taking care of everybody and said hi. I loved that she didn't talk a bunch and ask where I was from. The ladies in the concierge, the spiced cider, the wines, the advice, the resident cats. The scents, the grounds, the smells.

I think there is a hotel genre for Barns. If this is true, Farmhouse Inn nailed it for me.

It is expensive. How much are you hoping to save? This isn't just lodging, I can say it's a destination. Every penny I spent just felt worth it.

I recommend that you stay for a few days if you can afford it.

Lots of other good things happened while I was in wine country on this stay, but that's because wine country never disappoints. My heart is always there.

You can of course find my rave review in the little guest book in number 9 if you're questioning that such a glorious stay ever took place. You will write similar sentiments I'm sure when you are penning your review.

Love Me.

Room Tip: Ask for number 9. :)
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Caleb_TSanFrancisco
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We spent three days to celebrate new years eve 2012 at the Farmhouse. It's a very nice inn, we stayed in room no. 9 in the main house, right above the restaurant, which was convenient after the new years eve dinner at their Michelin starred restaurant. The room was comfortable - beautiful linens, fireplace, warm bathroom floors, steam shower, and other details that were nice. The controls of the shower and bath are too complicated, though, and if you don't pay attention, you may end up showering in cold water. Not fun. They have a wonderful honey scrub that is a must try - smells divine! The restaurant is very expensive, but pretty much all Michelin starred restaurants in the wine country charge in that ballpark. Some of the dishes were excellent, especially the roasted crab leg ... yum! But overall, the dinner was a bit simplistic for a Michelin starred restaurant. Also, some of the touches like slapping 20% service charge on top of a $175 per person meal, or charging extra for tea at those prices are simply not classy. And we did not like the wine pairings with the dinner. We were expecting a selection of top range local wines, and instead got a bunch of Greek, German and Italian wines which were nothing to write home about. Unfortunately, we know wine, and this didn't really cut it.

The area - Russian River Valley, Alexander Valley, Chalk Hill - are just stunning. We did tastings at the Hartford Family and Chalk Hill. Oona, at Chalk Hill, really made the latter experience charming.

In terms of restaurants, Healdsburg has a hidden jewel called Scopa - a tiny Italian that apparently the owners of the Farmhouse visit often. We loved it. The Farmhouse recommended and booked it for us. It is a very difficult place to get reservations at. The concierge service at the Farmhouse is outstanding.

We also ate at Dry Creek Kitchen, which we were previously wowed by during a spontaneous lunch. However, this time, for dinner, it was less of a wow experience, although still very good.

Healdsburg is charming, and the closest town to visit while staying at the Farmhouse. Take the backroads while driving there ... lovely!

Finally, the spa at the Farmhouse is excellent. Gretchen, in particular, is a stellar masseur. Highly recommended.

The staff at the Farmhouse are really warm, and eager to please, highly professional, really charming. We enjoyed the attitude of the place very much.

One last suggestion: the place lacks a common living room to read and hang out, especially when it rains. A place at this level needs one. We asked about it, and were offered a room that was double the price. That's NOT what we asked for :-)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank insearchoflight
csb0214, Owner at Farmhouse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Great feedback! We've looked into a way to simplify the controls in the shower in room 9. It is a kind of complicated system. The whole bathroom is custom, with a soapstone soaking tub and the controls are a little intense. Our Bellmen are happy to walk guests through them in detail, but I agree, it could be simpler over all.
I also agree about the tea at dinner. Tea and coffee could be included with holiday meals. I've mentioned that to my Restaurant Manager.
And, sorry about the wine pairings not meeting expectation. We do tend to lean towards interesting wines from around the globe. We have so many winemakers and local food and wine enthusiasts who dine with us frequently, and we tend to bring in wines that are exciting to them and to us. When you live in wine country, drinking local is exciting, but diversity is important to us too. We can always pair strictly local wines. If you visit, and that's your preference, just ask! We're happy to keep it local for you!
Hope you'll come see us.
Catherine