Everything was perfect. Done. End of Review. I can elaborate a bit if you want.
Ivy League, woman of taste, hard to impress, foodie-who-lives-for-hard-to-reserve-sf-restaurants girlfriend loved it. Done. Success. End of Review.
I DO expect to spend over $200 (without a dinner and desert wine) at a restaurant of this quality. I ALWAYS cringe when I spend $500/night on a room, but if you enjoyed your room like I did for two nights, it all makes sense somehow. And I didn't need to break out any tinfoil to crumple to keep myself entertained. Farmhouse participates in the occasional deal, slashing prices if you keep your eyes peeled. They also have deals mid-week. It's not going to be an inexpensive stay even with a deal, but I challenge you to explain the value proposition of the alternatives. I stayed in the cold months. Makes you want to stay indoors, so if your room is like mine (Yep, number 9, the one everyone likes....Farmhouse, you have a problem, everybody wants number 9!!), you WON'T want to leave the building. You will just go down stairs for breakfast and go back upstairs to be in the room. Then at dinner time you will go down stairs and stay a bit longer and then go back upstairs. Coming down the stairs and seeing the bustling kitchen staff makes me feel like I was raised in a farm house with very organized and professional parents who were chefs and inn keepers. I got sentimental about my upbringing which I started to imagine myself as having had.
The stereo system was the best I've heard in a while, so watching a movie from downstairs was delightful!
The room-sized tub created by some exquisite architect, complete with a ceiling spout was perfect for the seemingly endless tantric embraces we were compelled to have. Something about dinner being prepared below us by Michelin sanctified people was exciting. The back of our enormous super-high-threadcount-sheet covered four post bed was a sliding barn type mini-door that slid open for some polished stones in an egg crate which led into the bath/pool. I don't know about you, but laying in bed with highlight lighting gazing in at a lover bathing is something otherworldly.
I ate every homemade, soft, warm, chocolaty chocolate chip cookie that was left for me each night. I ate the snacks in the cedar treat box. I blazed the fire and read a book. I stood on the bathroom floor and heated my feet just because the hot tile felt good on my feet. I stared at the large porcelain sink and knobs because it was worthy of a photograph by a camera and a photographer better than I am.
I met the owner, she was busy taking care of everybody and said hi. I loved that she didn't talk a bunch and ask where I was from. The ladies in the concierge, the spiced cider, the wines, the advice, the resident cats. The scents, the grounds, the smells.
I think there is a hotel genre for Barns. If this is true, Farmhouse Inn nailed it for me.
It is expensive. How much are you hoping to save? This isn't just lodging, I can say it's a destination. Every penny I spent just felt worth it.
I recommend that you stay for a few days if you can afford it.
Lots of other good things happened while I was in wine country on this stay, but that's because wine country never disappoints. My heart is always there.
You can of course find my rave review in the little guest book in number 9 if you're questioning that such a glorious stay ever took place. You will write similar sentiments I'm sure when you are penning your review.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Very intimate and romantic boutique hotel in heart of Sonoma Napa Wine Country. Michelin starred restaurant and spa on site. A total of twenty-five cottages, rooms and suites dot our 6 acre property. Recently renovated and redecorated, each individual space offers a mix of historical whimsy, classic elegance and luxurious sophistication. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Preferred Hotels, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Farmhouse Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant Hotel Forestville
- Farmhouse Inn And Restaurant
- Farmhouse Inn Forestville, CA - Sonoma County