Review Highlights

10 miles of fun and beautiful scenery

Reviewed July 24, 2018
DJM66
Colorado Springs, Colorado

All reviews russian river beautiful scenery only complaint every summer miles swim float picnic redwoods paddling aluminum exercise weekends points campsite
Selected filters
Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

Shoutout to the man who asked my family, "Do you speak English?" "Do you understand English?" And continued to press them if they understood as if we did not have a full conversation IN ENGLISH not more than ten minutes prior. But I guess I can't expect much from a man like this.
Extremely shocked and disappointed. The man couldn't even hold eye contact when he saw how in disbelief we were that he asked that. Professionalism at this place is at an extreme low. I understand why they don't have better ratings. Horrible service.

Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

If I could honestly rate this place in the negatives I would.

The man at the place asked my family, “do you speak English?” “Do you understand English?” And continued to press my family if they understood him, EVEN AFTER HAVING A FULL CONVERSATION WITH HIM IN ENGLISH NOT MORE THAN 10 MINUTES PRIOR. He spoke to us in such a condescending tone. I checked Yelp Reviews and was not surprised to find other negative reviews about this man and how he treats his guest.

Not one of my family members even spoke a lick of another language for him to assume we didn’t speak or understand English.

We drove 2 hours to go canoeing at this place, made reservations and everything, only to be treated with hostility and not an ounce of respect, patience, or understanding.

What was most disappointing was that the man couldn’t even hold eye contact with anyone from my family. But at that point, I gave up expecting this man to have any kind of sense of maturity or manners.

There are so many other canoeing and kayaking that are so much more fun and welcoming. I would strongly suggest looking somewhere else. Especially if you just aren’t in the mood to be racially profiled.

Reviewed July 28, 2018

Burke's camp site stands out for its management. From the moment you arrive to when you leave you are catered to a serving attitude staff. The staff will give you advise on almost anything in the area. One of the most outstanding features is lost and found. When I left my multitool and deliver to lost and found. Ted made arrangements to ship the item first class. I also enjoyed the showers and dishwasher sink. Thanks Ted and keep up the good work.

1  Thank RBC0727
Reviewed July 24, 2018

This place is rustic, basic, and everything we wanted for our self guided trip down the river. Laborious check in process was quickly forgotten once we got in our canoes and kayaks and headed down river. The scenario was varied throughout, plenty of spots to pull out, picnic, swim, or do whatever you'd like. Took us a leisurely 4 hours but we were in no hurry. Not recommended if you don't have some basic paddling skills as there are a few spots where you'll need them. A great day on the water and highly recommended. Special mention to our bus driver who brought us back afterward with some great recommendations for places to eat and check out.

Reviewed June 18, 2018

We spent about 3.5 hours paddling down the river and enjoyed it tremendously. My *only* complaint was that 3+ hours of sitting on an aluminum seat (with no cushion) began to really hurt. That aside, it was an amazing experience. Highly recommend this if you're in the area, want to get some good clean fun and sun.

Date of experience: June 2018