“Amazing and Stress free Wedding Venue”
Review of Monte Verde Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Foresthill
Monte Verde Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Foresthill B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 21, 2010

My wife and I held our wedding reception here this past weekend. I can not emphasize enough how great a wedding venue this is.

From the start of the whole process we enjoyed working with Kelly, the wedding coordinator . She is very direct and to the point which we found awesome; she makes sure nothing is overlooked and lets you know about any issues. We booked about a year and a month out and they already had a few bookings that month, so get started looking early! After the booking, we went through their preferred vendor list and found that they have great taste in their selection. We used their preferred DJ, Joe Kalamaras, their officiant, Tom Cecil, their flower suggestion, O'shays and their dove release, Doves of White . All did a great job and work really well with Kelly as she is on a headset on the day of making sure things are running smoothly and everything is in its rightful position.

In February, we met up for the tasting day. They cooked their whole menu so be sure to come hungry! Everything was really good, but the menu we decided on was as follows:
Appetizers:
Caribbean Crab & Shrimp Cakes with Mango Salsa
Buffalo Mozzarella, Seasonal Vine Ripe Tomatoes, Basil & Grissini Bread Sticks
Warm Foccacia Bread with Brie, Fig Compote, Caramelized Onions and Prosciutto.
Main Course:
Santa Maria style grilled prime tri-tip with chipotle BBQ sauce
Jerked pork tenderloin with house made southwestern apple chutney
Sides:
Pesto pasta salad with penne pasta, roasted red bell peppers, fresh and sun dried tomatoes
Vegetables medley, roasted peppers, grilled zucchini & squash and steamed broccolini
Garlic and herb roasted red creamer potatoes
They also include cakes in their package and we had these layers:
Almond Joyous: Chocolate cake with coconut cream, fresh coconut, almonds,
and dark curled chocolate
Very Cherry: White cake soaked with Kirsh liqueur with a ribbon of cherry chips,
cherry filling and frosted with Chantelly Cream

All the food came out really well. We had so many guests come up to us and mention that the food was all amazing.

On the actual day, we got in around 1:00 to start getting ready and from the start they were very organized and moved us where they needed us. They have areas for the bride and bridesmaids and the groom and groomsmen to get ready separately. We decided to take pictures beforehand to give us more time with our guests so around 3 pm they set up a "first meeting" in their ballroom. From there, our photographer and videographer took us on a tour of their beautiful grounds snapping pictures/video all the way until 15 minutes before the ceremony.

They then marched us in/out of the ceremony. They met us the previous day to go through a dress rehearsal and Kelly made sure we knew where we supposed to be and even pointed out details like how the groomsmen should stand and how the father of the bride should give her away. Again, Kelly works very well with Joe (DJ) and Tom (Officiant) and the ceremony went well. From there, the guests are treated to an hour of cocktails and appetizers while the wedding party and immediate family retreated to a secluded area where we took more pictures. They have a special server to make sure everyone in the wedding party doesn't miss out on drinks/appetizers.

They then announced us back to the wedding and serve plated salads before our buffet started. Kelly actually has some of her servers go through the buffet for us so that we could rest at our sweetheart table. Then she moved quickly through releasing tables for the buffet. They have 2 tables set up and it took roughly 30 minutes for her to move 110 guests up and through the buffet line. We then took time to greet tables before being whisked away by the photographer again because the light was better for some more pictures. Kelly made sure to keep the photographers appraised about how much time until the next thing needed to be done.

We came back for toasts and cake cutting (our cake was delicious - Kelly makes them all herself) and then our photographer grabbed us again for a few more pictures before our DJ announced our first dance and then they opened up the dance floor for the rest of the night. They provide flip flops for those women who don't want to dance in heels and everyone found it very convenient. We ended at 10 pm. We had a shuttle bus taking us from the reception and because the first one left at 9:55, they allowed the stragglers to hang out in chairs until around 10:30 when the bus came back for its second trip. We had a great wedding and we had tons of guests mention how well it was run. Kelly and her staff are all totally on top of things. They keep things moving and keep the wedding day stress free. At no point did we have to worry about any set up or anything for all the vendors. I wish I could them give 6 stars!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank lordpolo

Reviewed May 23, 2010

My son was married at Monte Verde Inn. The attention to detail was incredible and everything was executed efficiently and flawlessly. The owners provided an extraordinary culinary experience. The meals were superb and the wedding cake was absolutely beautiful. The grounds were immaculate and the flowers in the gardens gave a pop of color to the green lawns and shrubbery. If you are looking for a wedding venue with sophistication in a country setting choose Monte Verde Inn.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank durangodawgs
Reviewed July 13, 2009

Our wedding was a dream, thanks in large part to Doug and Kelly of The Monte Verde. Never did I ever imagine that it would turn out as beautiful as it did. Our guests were wowed! Kelly's calm and confidant demeanor rubbed off on everyone and we got so many wonderful comment on the staffs friendliness and efficiency. I was shocked at how little stress I felt the day of my wedding (even with the rain drops). Dougs food was fabulous! We were so happy with our choices of Prime Rib and Sea Bass. Guests were so happy with their food as well as surprised by the generous portions.

Our wedding of 175 people felt warm and intimate, thanks to the ambiance at the Monte Verde. The grounds are kept up beautifully and it's such a private spot.

Also, Katie was wonderful. She was always easy to find and right on top of any requests. It was so nice to know there was someone there whenever we needed anything.

We can not thank Kelly and Doug enough! Our guests told us over and over how beautiful the wedding was, and many said it was the best wedding they'd ever been to.

Many Thanks,

• Stayed: July 2009
2  Thank crossingpaths
Reviewed March 5, 2009

I looked at the Monte Verde in the same day I looked at the Forest House Lodge for our wedding. I should have chosen the Monte Verde. The only reason I didn't is because there were not as many rooms to house guests. It is much prettier though, and the owners take exceptional care of the property. That "Princess View" would have been AMAZING!!! I wish I would have. I wish I could turn back time and choose this venue so badly.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business

overall score / a+ /

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed December 16, 2006

Recently, my husband and I had our Autumn wedding at the beautiful Monte Verde Inn, and I would like to take a moment to share about our amazing experience.

First of all, the grounds are absolutely beautiful, and the new owners continue to invest their time and money into making fantastic improvements... new paint, fountain in the front yard, an updated arbor at the wedding site, etc. It just gets better and better. Additionally, to compliment the beautiful setting, the food is absolutley amazing, and never-ending. The buffet line moved quickly and smoothly. People were enjoying their delicious dinner within 15 minutes of it being announced. My guests are still talking about the meal, stating that it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding! Incredible.

Our wedding happened to fall on a cool October evening, but the owners quickly turned on the outdoor heaters and kept the warm drinks flowing so that everyone was kept comfortable. No one complained about the chilliness. All of the guests had a genuinely wonderful time.

Every bride has nightmares about working with demanding wedding coordinators, but my experience with the owners of the Monte Verde could not have gone better. They were well organized, flexible, and helpful in every way. Most of the work was done for me, and it made my experience so much more enjoyable. I knew I had nothing to worry about. I really trusted them to make the day incredible.

My husband and I continue to talk about how pleased we are with our entire wedding experience. We are so glad we chose the Monte Verde, and we highly recommend it to anyone looking to book an elegant wedding. You WILL NOT be disappointed!!

Taylre Nelson

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank singforgiven
Reviewed September 23, 2006

I just attended a wedding reception at the Monte Verde Inn in September '06 . The grounds are beautiful, however think twice if you plan to book your event there.

The new owner's are horrlible to deal with and are very rude. They make their presence known way to much. The food was cold, the bar was to go until 9:30 pm they shut it down at 9:15. Never announcing a last call for drinks. The coffee ran out and was not replenished, The bathrooms are filthy and need a paint job. Need I go on! Be prepared to be bossed around by the owners!!! Down to the point of handing the Mother of the Bride a bucket and water to clean up the rocks where a guest had gotten sick!!! These people are unbelievable. The bride wanted more beer since they shut the bar down before the paid for time, so again the owner felt it was necessary to walk out onto the dance floor where the bride was dancing, hand her a 6-pack of beer and a dirty look.

It was cold, but they refused to turn on the outdoor heaters until everyone had gone through the buffet line and was seated. They were still setting up dinner chairs at the tables when guests were arriving...the wedding was at 5:00 p.m.

They have also doubled there price to rent the place since the new owners took over...SO BEWARE! It definately was not worth the money paid!!!

Candy Albright

Stayed: September 2006
5  Thank printsol

Been to Monte Verde Inn? Share your experiences!