“A Beautiful Event!”
Review of Monte Verde Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Foresthill
Monte Verde Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Foresthill B&B and Inns
Orange County, CA
“A Beautiful Event!”
Reviewed December 16, 2006

Recently, my husband and I had our Autumn wedding at the beautiful Monte Verde Inn, and I would like to take a moment to share about our amazing experience.

First of all, the grounds are absolutely beautiful, and the new owners continue to invest their time and money into making fantastic improvements... new paint, fountain in the front yard, an updated arbor at the wedding site, etc. It just gets better and better. Additionally, to compliment the beautiful setting, the food is absolutley amazing, and never-ending. The buffet line moved quickly and smoothly. People were enjoying their delicious dinner within 15 minutes of it being announced. My guests are still talking about the meal, stating that it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding! Incredible.

Our wedding happened to fall on a cool October evening, but the owners quickly turned on the outdoor heaters and kept the warm drinks flowing so that everyone was kept comfortable. No one complained about the chilliness. All of the guests had a genuinely wonderful time.

Every bride has nightmares about working with demanding wedding coordinators, but my experience with the owners of the Monte Verde could not have gone better. They were well organized, flexible, and helpful in every way. Most of the work was done for me, and it made my experience so much more enjoyable. I knew I had nothing to worry about. I really trusted them to make the day incredible.

My husband and I continue to talk about how pleased we are with our entire wedding experience. We are so glad we chose the Monte Verde, and we highly recommend it to anyone looking to book an elegant wedding. You WILL NOT be disappointed!!

Taylre Nelson

• Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank singforgiven

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Roseville, California
Reviewed September 23, 2006

I just attended a wedding reception at the Monte Verde Inn in September '06 . The grounds are beautiful, however think twice if you plan to book your event there.

The new owner's are horrlible to deal with and are very rude. They make their presence known way to much. The food was cold, the bar was to go until 9:30 pm they shut it down at 9:15. Never announcing a last call for drinks. The coffee ran out and was not replenished, The bathrooms are filthy and need a paint job. Need I go on! Be prepared to be bossed around by the owners!!! Down to the point of handing the Mother of the Bride a bucket and water to clean up the rocks where a guest had gotten sick!!! These people are unbelievable. The bride wanted more beer since they shut the bar down before the paid for time, so again the owner felt it was necessary to walk out onto the dance floor where the bride was dancing, hand her a 6-pack of beer and a dirty look.

It was cold, but they refused to turn on the outdoor heaters until everyone had gone through the buffet line and was seated. They were still setting up dinner chairs at the tables when guests were arriving...the wedding was at 5:00 p.m.

They have also doubled there price to rent the place since the new owners took over...SO BEWARE! It definately was not worth the money paid!!!

Candy Albright

Stayed September 2006
4 Thank printsol
concord
Reviewed August 20, 2006

This place is beautiful....... My husband and I were looking for a wedding venue. After having a negative experience with another hotel in the area we decieded to stop at the Monte Verde. Im not going to lie, when you first drive up the drive way the House does not look like very much. There is paint peeling in the front and the house does have an antique smell to it. The owners are very nice and welcomed my husband and I in. The wedding lay out is beautiful and affordable. There are plenty of photos to look at while you are there from previous weddings. The garden is so colorful and the sunset from the front is fabulous. There are so many photo ops on the grounds. A field, barn, garden, water fountain and a really fun stair way on the side/back of the house. This is not including of course the inside of the house. You can visit the website but it is definitly worth driving up to see for yourself. The venue is a 17 mile or so drive from the freeway exit off 80.

Brienne & Jeff

Monte Verde Inn
Foresthill, CA 95631

---

4 Thank happyviewer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Foresthill
Best Western Golden Key
#1 of 3 in Auburn
Motel 6 Auburn
Motel 6 Auburn
#3 of 7 in Auburn

Been to Monte Verde Inn? Share your experiences!